Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PEG Advice

Hi Jerry;

Sorry to hear that the "Stemcell" treatment had no affect. Where did you have it done and what was involved?

I have know of others that had similar a outcome. Normally the extra physio and alternative therapy received whilst staying there for around 10 days makes a difference.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Thanks Dude

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Jerry;

Sorry to hear that the "Stemcell" treatment had no affect. Where did you have it done and what was involved?

I have know of others that had similar a outcome. Normally the extra physio and alternative therapy received whilst staying there for around 10 days makes a difference.

Love Terry
    Hi Terry, I'm working in Bangkok so received it here to the tune of 60 million stemcells. I didn't receive any therapy as really I only had drop foot and atrophy in my left arm. I found it a bit of a con really as you say its a 10 day treatment and maybe its a time thing but I was in and out in 30 minutes. I was given an intial test where I held an object connected to a diagnostic machine which told me I had half a dozen things wrong possibly so they could say I've been cured when I go back in 3 months. Nothing positive just yet but we'll see.
    Regards Jerry

Forum Member
    Thanks Pete

Forum Member
    Thanks Barry. The jury is still out as far as I am concerned regarding stemcell. It is quite expensive and they informed me 3-6 months before I see a change so something needs to kick in soon.
    Regards Jerry

My wife had her peg fitted in January in royal Berks hospital, she was walking the next day up and down the stairs, they kept her in six days, she had a side room and I was allowed to sleep on a mattress on the floor, all the nurses were excellent .

Forum Member
    Hi Tim, does she find it uncomfortable to use/live with.
    Regards Jerry

Hi Tim;

I don't understand why they keep people in for three days let alone six nights when doing a feeding tube opp unless there is a problem. Glad they made you comfortable in there, as my wife slept on a chair but only one night. I am pleased that you stayed with her in hospital as they don't normally have the time or skills to deal with Mnd people that can't speak.

Jerry; they are quite easy to live with but if your swallowing, eating and breathing are OKish I would probably leave a feeding tube opp for a while.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Thanks Terry I'll do that.