Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PEG Advice

Forum Member
    Ellie, your amazing as always, I never knew the difference between different laxatives. Now I know, I値l give it a try, I値l keep just my fingers crossed lol
    My Diatician suggested 200ml 4 times a day but I think I知 drinking less so I値l increase my flushes to ensure I知 getting enough, my Diatician has provided me with fibre fortisips
    Definitely no joke when your spending more time with the loo instead of hubby

Hi Hayls;

Don't let yourself be constipated, it can be a killer. If you're only existing on fortisips then one or maybe two a day need to be the higher fiber type but if you are eating normal foods you may well not need them.

Wind running around bowls is not uncommon, but sorting your pooing is more important. It's a matter of trying to balance things and you seem to be on a yo-yo at the moment. Drinking enough is so important.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Thank you Terry, my RIG procedure was very poorly managed and I think my whole digestive system is still recovering from the knock on affects from all the difficulties. Prior to the procedure my digestive system was clock work so I知 hoping with Ellie痴 advice, now I know which laxative does what, hopefully I can either solve or rule out a compaction, fingers crossed, thank you for your advice