Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turning in bed

Ha ha that would be great!!

Hi pink
    So hard this as we are all so different. I got two withnell bed rails . They are telescopic so fit under any bed . My arms and hands are strong so I grab rail and turn . I was sliding out of bed so I run 6x 1 timber in between rails mattress has now firm edge

That's a good idea Kevin. I'm going to talk to my ot.

Result. My ot came to see me and she's getting me a sheet. Also getting me something to raise my armchair as it's starting to get difficult to stand up from.

Hi Pink,

Do you think it was a "Riser-Recliner" armchair the OT mentioned? They are a great help as they do the work of standing up for you, or half-way up anyway. And, the recline function is handy too!

E x.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

No it isn't a riser recliner Ellie. She said I'm not quite ready for that. I think it's some type of blocks they put under your existing armchair.

Hi Pink;

The OT should get you a rise and recline chair that lifts you half way up to standing, it also raises your legs to help things.

If your OT won't supple one then get them to ask the Mnda as it is something that they have helped to provide in the past.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Terry. My ot is from weld Mar. She did say I could have one but I said I'd try the blocks first x

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkelle View Post
    She did say I could have one but I said I'd try the blocks first x

Why have cotton when you can have silk? Ask OT to order an RR armchair for you, bearing in mind it may take weeks to get. It makes life easier!
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

The problem with that is Ellie I'd have to get rid of an armchair we've already got to make room for it x