Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Help to buy WAV when your over 65yrs old

  1. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Halesowen, West Midlands
    Jude suggest speak with your local authority. I was provided with wheelchair and Zimmer frames when still able to walk a bit. Two years ago they provided a Salsa M2 wheelchair which is excellent. They said to keep other chair as well. So my local Dudley Council have been great.
    Best wishes John

  2. #12
    Forum Member hayley_mnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hi Jude,

    I saw your thread and asked our Wheelchair Support Coordinator Mary if she has any advice, and she has suggested that you contact you local Driving Mobility centre which they can find by using this link:

    These are centres that will generally offer advice and assessment for wheelchair users travelling as a passenger in a vehicle, as well as if they are the driver, and can offer WAV assessments to ensure that the most appropriate WAV is purchased dependent upon the type and size of powered wheelchair. They can also offer information on boot hoists etc. – this should help you identify the most appropriate way to travel (including ensuring postural support requirements will be met while travelling) and the most suitable equipment.

    The MND Association is able to consider funding a contribution to the cost of WAV purchase or hire. For WAV purchase, this is applied for via an MND Support (Care) Grant which needs to be completed and submitted by a relevant HSCP on behalf of the individual, and for WAV hire this is applied for via a Quality of Life Grant that can be completed by the person themselves, family member etc.

    I hope this is helpful,


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts