Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Insurance Query

I didn't ask for your opinion and I don't want it now and I don't worship the medical profession like you do you only time you ever bother to contact me is to criticise me desist from communicating with me

if you want me to stop posting on this forum that is your choice as I've said in the past this forum is not a place for people who are autistic so if you are autistic and a carer go somewhere else

Streetwise MND is frustrating, as you know from caring for your Mam. I know nothing about autism, but after watching 10 minutes on NHK I learned that the frustration in autism is much worse than MND frustration. My frustration comes from not being able to talk, walk and things I took for granted. As I understand it autism sufferers brains are bombarded by confusing streams of information that you have to decipher, like you are in the centre of a circle of people who all talking to you at the same time about different things. It must have been extremely hard looking after your Mam. I gather you have difficulty talking face to face with strangers and don't like being touched. I think this forum is good for you as it gives you a link back to your Mam. Regular members know where you're coming from but new members, who may be newly diagnosed, who will be trying to get their head around the diagnosis may not clearly understand your concern in the unusual way you phrase your advice and information. Maybe you could try putting just one bit of info in your posts. I notice some members insert repeat information about themselves on the footer, which gives readers some helpful insight. I don't know how to do it, but it would be something like. 69 years old, diagnosed 2008 mnd pbp, 4 kids 8 grandkids, Drove trucks and played rugby union.
    Your one could mention you being autistic etc. Streety, I hope you are not offended, in any way by this message from someone who knows very little about your condition. Below is programme I watched:
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/v...tiers/3004473/

I have corrected 2 typos and messed it up
    Last edited by Dude; 27th February 2018 at 11:54. Reason: MND is frustrating, as you know from caring from your Mam. I know nothing about autism

Dear Streetwise,

I did not criticise you. I did not want Luke left feeling more anxious about his mother, so I gave my opinion on your suggestions to allay his fears.

I would have offered you the same advice if you had been in the same position.

Best wishes,
    Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.