Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predictable or Model talker

Good morning

interesting session on technical stuff at the south-east region meeting on Sunday.

This lot gave a demonstration - https://thinksmartbox.com/product/grid-3/

And pointed me to this lot to voice record - CereVoice Me - errrr - https://www.cereproc.com - it is about £500 but they do it at cost and people on Sunday reported good results

Best

Andy
    Last edited by nunhead_man; 10th April 2018 at 10:26. Reason: update
    Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting this. I tried the demo and the voice is okay. My one negative comment is that when you type it doesn’t always recognise the common words stored in my iPad so you have to type the whole word. It’s great that the tech guys are continuing to develope aids to improve the quality of life.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    Hello my wife has just started with this voice banking through the program provided through the N.H.S. Local team.
    there was no mention of payment at all.
    It took weeks for the team to get a mic in the end I got my own.
    She was enjoying doing it until it crashed our laptop.
    The program does not work with the updated version of Crome.
    Not impressed so far let’s hope things improve so she can continue with the banking before it’s too late.
    Thanks you
    Royo

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royo View Post
    Hello my wife has just started with this voice banking through the program provided through the N.H.S. Local team.
    there was no mention of payment at all.
    It took weeks for the team to get a mic in the end I got my own.
    She was enjoying doing it until it crashed our laptop.
    The program does not work with the updated version of Crome.
    Not impressed so far letís hope things improve so she can continue with the banking before itís too late.
    Thanks you
    Royo
    I encourage you to also go the Model Talker route.
    You bank online. It cant crash. They save your voice.
    Then when ready you download it onto your ipad via the Predictable app. Predictable is the app that allows you to playback.

Charles

Hi Roy;

It's good to hear the speech therapist is involved and sorted out any cost.

What program has she provided?

You can phone Mnda connect and speak to them about the program and ask for advise as they have a person quite knowledgeably on the subject.

Modal talker is the one used by most, it was free but now costs around £90 I think.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Jes;

There is a lot more information on this thread and if you search voice or banking you will find many more.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.