Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Predictable or Model talker

Forum Member
    Hi Marigold
    I did my voice recording at the beginning of the year with Model Talker . I used to do 150 a session then go back over them if they were red , or yellow . I was told that as long as they were not red it was ok . I am from Yorkshire so obviously have a different accent to the American on the talker !

I tried to get them all green but it was impossible. Also when it came back I didn't try it at first , as I was too upset at the thought of losing my voice. When I did listen I was very disappointing it sounded nothing like me . It was far to fast and I sounded very angry. I contacted the speech therapist and she told me how to alter it ,after slowing it down a lot it sounded more like it

So far my speech is ok a bit weaker and when I am tired I am aware of not pronouncing all words correctly

Good luck with it remember there is no need for speed I just did an hour a day
    Love Chris

Quote Originally Posted by raymond View Post
    Hi Marigold
    I did my voice recording at the beginning of the year with Model Talker . I used to do 150 a session then go back over them if they were red , or yellow . I was told that as long as they were not red it was ok . I am from Yorkshire so obviously have a different accent to the American on the talker !

I tried to get them all green but it was impossible. Also when it came back I didn't try it at first , as I was too upset at the thought of losing my voice. When I did listen I was very disappointing it sounded nothing like me . It was far to fast and I sounded very angry. I contacted the speech therapist and she told me how to alter it ,after slowing it down a lot it sounded more like it

So far my speech is ok a bit weaker and when I am tired I am aware of not pronouncing all words correctly

Good luck with it remember there is no need for speed I just did an hour a day
    Love Chris
    Cool, Thanks for this Chris,
    That's really helpful and most encouraging.
    I will persevere...!
    My speech is not too bad but after even one glass of wine, it sounds like a've had a bottle!! I 'd have thought my previous tolerance would have stood me in good stead.
    Marigold

Forum Member
    Hi Marigold
    I am the same with wine or any alcohol now , have always liked a drink but haven't had one now for over a year . One just made me feel as though I'd had a lot . I put it down to the many tablets I take for blood pressure and pain killers . I must say I don't miss it all now and certainly feel better without

Love Chris

Forum Member
    I completed my ten test sentences on ModelTalker today. I had a few greens and a lot of yellows but no reds.

Does anybody know how long it takes for ModelTalker to respond?

They got back with feedback within 1-2 days on 4 occasions within a week.
    They were very helpful and supportive.
    When I followed their instructions really carefully it works well.
    But it is taking quite some time to do all the recordings.
    Marigold

Forum Member
    Marigold:
    persevere with it.
    I did ModelTalker and recently have used my recording.
    It is excellent: It is clearly me talking.
    Be meticulous and get it done.

Charles

Forum Member
    I think my voice has deteriorated to the point where I will need to use an actor's voice. These are available at http://www.modeltalker.org/demo

Forum Member
    Hi martin, I did my ten test sentences on Friday, got an initial reply within 2 hours asking me to re do due to some microphone interference, so did them again, mostly greens, and yellow but no reds, awaiting their latest response