Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Stem Cell treatment?

Forum Member

Has anyone tried Stem Cell treatment?

Hi all,

New here.

My father in law has been diagnosed with PBP and as usual along with learning how this will unfold and how to care for him we are also looking at anything that could help slow it down or stop it.

MND is incurable but I've seen a few stem cell companies who claim to have had success in slowing it down with certain people (obviously everyone is different and the treatment is still now widely approved).

My big question is...has anyone looked into this OR had stem cell treatment done before?

This is the company I've been looking at and speaking to: https://anova-irm-stemcell-center.co...-sclerosis-als

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Hi there,

I think you will find a fair bit of discussion on this topic including this thread that I found using the search button:-

http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...ight=stem+cell

Sorry to come over all negative especially as this is your first post but my advice to your FiL is to save his money and spend on cruises instead, that's what I've done. Thanks for taking care of him you are very welcome here.

There is a lot that can be done to improve his quality of life whilst he is living with MND I just don't think that this is one of them.

Forum Member
    Hi Kushy,

Welcome to the forum. It is somewhere that you can get lots of support and advice.
    As John said, spend your money on good things.
    Stem cell treatment is not proven.

Take care,

Bern x
    Last edited by Bern; 7th March 2018 at 18:48.

Forum Member
    Sorry to disappoint. There is no known treatment for MND.
    There are many claims, stem cell being one, however all unsubstantiated with research evidence.

Charles

Hi Kushy and welcome to the forum;

Sorry to hear about your farther-in-law.

As others have said, I don't like to be negative but I've known of five people that have had stem treatment and it didn't make any difference to them. Nobody independent has said anythings positive about it.

It might be a possible treatment as procedures advance.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Kushy, I had it in October with Stemcell.org in Thailand. Not a big problem for me as I'm living and working here. The only difference it made for me is my hair grows quicker and my condition has just got worse. I have scheduled another session for localised treatment to my right foot where I have severe drop foot. Before anyone says I'm crazy I finish work at the end of April and my health insurance picks the bill up so rally I have nothing to lose. I will keep you all posted but without hope you have nothing.
    Regards Jerry

Hi Jerry;

Your crazy but I would try it if it was free as well. Hope it makes a difference with your foot. Thanks for keeping us updated.

I reckon that hair and nails grow faster with Mnd.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Sorry for the late response. Been trudging through everything I could find.

I really appreciate all your thoughts and comments and can't help but lean towards agreeing with the obvious fact that stem cell therapy just isn't (at the moment) the answer.

Best wishes

Forum Member
    Cheers Terry

Forum Member
    Hello!

I would like to warn you before you make a big mistake. While stem cell science is a very promising field and indeed can cure a lot of diseases, there are a lot of charlatans out there.

I devoted a solid chunk of my time to perform a research in this field.

And here is what I've found

Let's take one of the most famous stem cell clinics for an example. The US Stem Cell Clinic.

On their website you can find the list of doctors who work there. Let's take a closer look at them:

Kristin Comella, PhD

Dr Kristin Comella, so-called PhD, is the chief scientific officer at this clinic. Why so-called? Because Kristin Comella is a virtual PhD. She received her “PhD” from a virtual non-accredited university based overseas.

"The Panama College of Cell Science is an autonomous biology graduate school within Blue Marble University, offering a 3 year PhD program via distance learning. All courses are delivered through the Internet. As a virtual college, there is no campus. Professors and students learn and collaborate world-wide via computer."

I'm sorry, but WHAT?

Kristin Comella is a virtual PhD?

The doctor who promise to treat diabetes, who will be injecting the stem cells into your body and will charge $15,000 for that has AN ONLINE DIPLOMA?

WOW! I'm impressed.

Maybe I'm overreacting? What do you guys think of this?
    Last edited by ElizabethG; 21st May 2018 at 14:02.