Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Stem Cell treatment?

Hello Willem, please accept my condolences for the sad loss of your partner. Your recent posts showed signs of hope but alas we have no way of knowing how this disease can turn.

I trust in time you can look back at happier times together.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Very sorry for your loss Willem. Take care. Lynne

Forum Member
    Thank you all for your wonderful kind words. They really help me. As far as the stem cell based treatment is concerned, what a pity indeed that by the time it seemed to have benefits for my partner, the respiratory muscles had deteriorated so much, that he did not even have the opportunity to live through the first six weeks.

What a pity.

For all of us, I pray that one day we will have the answers to cure these MND diseases and I will continue to follow your posts in this thread and others.

Forum Member
    Hi Kushy, I have tried Stemcell treatment twice through my employer insurance and neither has had any positive effect. I find these companies are more for cosmetic/superficial purposes and did list a few before I settled on Stemcellthailand and was very disappointed both in their professionalism and results. Don't waste your money on this. I am currently undergoing a probiotic protocol and will post in research and trials about this.
    Regards Jerry

Forum Member
    Willem, so sorry to hear this. This pox of a disease is horrid and nobody seems any nearer to finding a cure than they were 20 years ago.
    Best wishes Jerry

Forum Member
    Hi all,

just to let you know how I'm doing. It has been 3 1/2 months now since my partner died. To be honest, nothing could have prepared me for the sheer grief, sadness, despair and frustration that I know find myself in.

I used to fear death. Since my partner died I learned that there is a thing far worse: the death of the love of your life.

Apparently with Progressive Muscular Atrophy, which was my partner's MND, you can survive from 6 months upto 20 years. What a terrible pity that my partner was at the bottom of the scale, he survived exactly 6 months and 2 days after the diagnosis.

Ours was a relationship of unconditional and pure love, friendship, laugther and deep understanding. What a loss for the many people who loved my partner including his parents, his brother, his friends and me.

What gives me comfort is that my partner lived life to the fullest and could enjoy even the smallest things almost unti the very end.

I still visit a lot of pages on ALS and I desperately hope that a cure will be found for ALS and all these other MND diseases. Life seems terribly unfair. As if the nicest people are stricken by these most awful plagues.

All the best to all of you, you are in my heart and in my thoughts,

Willem

Hi Willem;

Thanks for your words and thoughts.

You will have to take a leaf out of your partners book and try to live your life to the full as they did.

Love Terry

Hello Willem,

Firstly, I have only recently joined the forum and so I wish to offer you deepest condolences at this very sad time.

It is very kind of you to return to the forum to let us know that we are in your thoughts and to let us know how you are getting on. It sounds like you and your partner were the love of each other's lives and that you had many years of happy times together. It must be devastating for you that he is no longer with you. Your partner was so brave to have a positive attitude and make the most out of life despite his diagnosis. As someone who has been diagnosed with MND, I admire him because I wish I could remain as positive about things as he was.

It sounds like your partner would want you to be happy and make the most of your life, as he did. However, when a close loved one is no longer with us it is a huge adjustment to make. Somehow, we have to rebuild our lives without that person and sometimes we need to find different routines and new hobbies and activities to fill our days with. It has not been long since your partner passed away and so your grief and the shock of it is still going to be very raw. Please be kind to yourself and allow yourself time to grieve. Adjusting to life without a loved one is done gradually and takes time. No matter how you live your life from now on, your partner will always be with you as precious memories in your heart.

You sound like a very kind and caring person who was devoted to your partner and who made sure that he received all the care he needed when he was unwell. I hope you have support from family and friends.

Hopefully, in time, the pain of your loss will subside and be completely replaced by the comfort of all the happy memories you treasure.

Love and best wishes,

Kayleigh x
    July 1969 science enabled mankind's first step on the Moon.... over 49 years later and sadly still no scientific breakthrough to cure MND.
    Trying to take one day at a time ..... but it's not easy!

Forum Member
    Hi Terry and Kayleigh, thanks so much for your heart warming replies.

Kayleigh, I understand you were diagnosed with MND only recently? I feel so sorry for you. However, if there is one thing that my partner has demonstrated as regards this disease, it is that even with his rate of decline it was still possible to lead a fulfilling and happy life. (It's just such a terrible shame he did not have more of it).

I hope you get all the support you need. This is so important, never hesitate to ask for help. There are many good people in this world who are willing to help. Having spent so much time in the nursing home with my partner really opened my eyes and I can say that I have changed for the better: less materialistic and more people focused (although I am not saying that this disease was there to teach me a lesson, I hate that kind of statement).

As for me, yes I have a lot of support from family and friends. This really helps although of course I have a long way to go and in any case my life has changed permanently without my beloved here.

Love, Willem

Dear Willem,

Many thanks for your kind message.

Reading your kind words has made me reflect on things in a positive way.

I appreciate your positive advice about never hesitating to ask people for help. I find it difficult and embarrassing to ask for help because I like to be independent and have never liked to be 'waited on'. Also, I have always loved looking after and caring for other people and this has always given me a purpose in life. Now that I am so unwell, and although being unwell is not my fault, it still upsets me that I cannot be the same wife to my husband and the same mother to my teenager that I used to be. However, I realise that what you say is true about it being important to ask for help. I need to adjust my way of thinking so that I look upon asking for help as a positive thing rather than being embarrassed about it. As you rightly say, there are plenty of good and kind people in this world who are willing to help. Indeed, I have found so much support and helpful advice from the wonderful people on this forum.

I suppose that whatever life throws at us we must be brave. Before my diagnosis this year, I was always a happy person who lived life to the full and stayed positive about things. The devastating diagnosis of MND seems to have knocked the courage out of me and more often than not, I am filled with fear of the disease. However, I have gained strength from the courageous people on this forum who have given me so much positive advice and support. I am also inspired by what you said about you beloved partner, who by having a positive attitude, was able to be happy and lived life to the full.

I can relate to what you say about becoming "less materialistic and more people focused". With Christmas approaching, the best gift I can receive is plenty of time spent loved ones. My priority is now to spend more time with family and friends and less time and money on shopping for 'things'.

I am so glad that you have the support of family and friends. I hope that their love and kindness helps you to rebuild your life with plenty of happy times. May the love of life that your beloved partner had live on with you and your loved ones.

Love and best wishes,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 26th November 2018 at 18:39.
    July 1969 science enabled mankind's first step on the Moon.... over 49 years later and sadly still no scientific breakthrough to cure MND.
    Trying to take one day at a time ..... but it's not easy!