Thread: More symptoms?

More symptoms?

I have an occasional strange feeling in my lower left back it feels like an itch, but scratching it has no effect.

Could this be evidence of some sort of muscular loss there or might it be something entirely different?

I do realise, of course, this is minor in comparison to some of the horrible symptoms that others are here dealing with.

Yep Andy, a deep, unscratchable "itch" is all too common in MND - yipee, as if we didn't have enough to contend with

It's worth ruling out any potential side effect of a medication you take as a cause and keep your skin well moisturised - skin on atrophied muscles loses its elasticity eventually, though you're not at this stage.

For anyone driven demented by a feeling of a deep itch or tiny electric shocks, Gabapentin can help. Andy, you say it's only occasional, so it may not be worth your while taking meds for it.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi nunhead_man

There are various things which could cause the sensation that you are feeling rather than MND. We would suggest speaking to your GP to have this checked out.

Best Wishes

Rachel

Good morning both,

Thank you for your information - I will seek out some diagnosis locally