Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Professor Stephen Hawking has died

Professor Stephen Hawking has died

The MND Association is saddened by the news of the death of Professor Stephen Hawking. An Association patron since 2008, Professor Hawking has been vital in raising awareness of motor neurone disease around the world.

Sally Light, Chief Executive of the MND Association said: “All of us at the MND Association have been extremely saddened by the news of Professor Hawking’s passing.

Through so many years in the public eye he did a huge amount to raise awareness of motor neurone disease (MND), yet he never allowed himself to be defined by his illness. His approach to life with MND is an example to all of us.”

For more news on his life and his impact click here.

If you’ve been affected by this topic please contact our MND connect team on 0800 8026262 or on mndconnect@mndassocation.org.

This is indeed sad news but we should take hope and inspiration from what he achieved, despite MND.

R. I. P. Stephen Hawking
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Yes Barry. Another brave MND warrior has succumed.

Charles

Forum Member
    Very sad news but what a wonderful, talented and inspirational man he was, despite living most of his life with MND.

Bern

When I saw the great Stephen Hawking being hand fed and being given Champagne with a spoon at public functions, it blew me away.
    Up to then, only family had seen me being fed and I thought to myself 'if he doesn't mind it, why should I?!!' and gave myself a kick in the behind

Prof Hawking, thanks for inspiring me and for making me proud to live with my MND...

RIP to a truly unique brain.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Following the sad news of the death of Professor Stephen Hawking there has been a huge increase in the number of people accessing our website which has caused it to be unavailable for a period of time. Although we have seen a small increase in donations we believe the majority of visitors to our website are interested in finding out more about the disease.

If you or someone you know were hoping to access the website for any reason, please do contact our MND connect team in the meantime on 0800 8026262 or on mndconnect@mndassocation.org.

Forum Member
    So sad to hear of the passing of our patron Professor Sir Stephen Hawking. He was such an inspiration to so many people. Watching the programmes tonight makes me feel so proud of home and everything we have here. Yes, always look to the stars and not at your feet.
    Rest in peace.
    Fru

Forum Member
    RIP Mr Hawking. Thank you for your contribution to science and humanity. Hopefully you have taken us a few steps closer towards a cure for MND.
    Please support Gordon Aikman in fundraising for more MND research and improved conditions for MND patients throughout the UK: https://www.justgiving.com/gordonaikman

RIP Prof Hawking. i am saddened by the news. Such a great sense of humour and a great brain and mind.
    Marieline

Forum Member
    "Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." - Stephen Hawking

RIP