Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holidays in UK

Forum Member

Holidays in UK

Hi could anyone please recommend a hotel in the north of England or north Wales that has facilities for disabled , wheelchair access and wet room . We always went abroad for holidays but I just fancy a break away ,somewhere not too far away . I am sure it would do us the world of good ,and it would be a bit of respite for my partner to have all the meals cooked . I have looked at some sites and when it says disabled facilities it's just wheelchair access and normal bathrooms with normal size toilets which are no good .
    Many thanks
    Love Chris

Like Chris, I too would be interested to hear of any hotels near the coast in the U.K. that meet this criteria. Too risky to go somewhere that doesn't suit my needs. Ideally I'd like to be somewhere fairly flat that I can scoot along while my hubby cycles.
    Guess there's a website out there but I've not found it. Think personal recommendations are more reliable.
    Thanks
    Helen

We have used disabledholidays.com to hire a self catering accommodation think they do hotels too. They were very helpful about accomadating Steve's needs.
    Sue

Forum Member
    Google the Hytte in Northumberland someone I work with owns it.

Forum Member
    Hi thanks for your replies but I was looking more for a hotel rather than self catering. It will give my partner a rest from the chores and cooking , but the cabins look good if it's for a family sharing .
    Best wishes
    Love Chris

Raymond, I have been on lots of cruises with sit to stand hoist provided. Last year went up north I am in the Black Country. Took the family up to Holiday Hawthorn Cottage,Brickhouse Farm Holiday Cottage, Brickhouse Lane , Poulton -le -Fylde FY6. Erica, or Sue 07557282530 or01253702122.
    We had cottage that was amazing I had room that had the full ceiling hoist and from bed into bathroom. There were six adults and three grandkids. We just had breakfast in there then out for day and lots local pubs with good food so we ate out. We off up there again for May half term. I liked going up there and going up Blackpool Tower I had been up it for 55yrs.
    If you fancy going South there is good place King Arthur’s Arms Tintagel, Cornwall. It has six rooms with very good facilities and access to aids you might need. It is bed and breakfast and has good food at night and beer from local brewery.
    Best wishes John

Forum Member
    Hi thanks John I will check it out . It sounds good and certainly well equipped ,and like you said there are plenty of places to eat out
    Many thanks
    Best wishes
    Chris

I like the look of the King Arthur's, great facilities.
    Love Cornwall, might have to check it out!
    Thank you

Anyone know anywhere with disabled access and bathroom in or near The New forest?

Forum Member
    We have been to Brickhousr Farm, amazing place, it has everything you could ever need. They also have a hydro pool now.