Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pupkin55

Forum Member

Unhappy Pupkin55

Hi my story is quite long sorry , I started visiting my doctor in June 2017 with pins n needles in leg, no action taken.
    This has continued until now, with pain and pain in left shoulder n I noticed the grip on left hand very unusual. I also have pins n needles in right foot n ankle pain.
    I feel my chewing is difficult , I have been to the doctors at least 15 times got diagnosed with anxiety , I'm a reasonably intelligent woman I'm 46 and I know when something is wrong, I have finally been given a nureolgy appointment for June but I'm doubting at the moment I will get that far .
    I know it's dramatic I've been to a/e 3times but no one takes me seriously n I look on line and I think it could be mind.
    I have a left hand foot shake when trying to drive can't hold foot on clutch.
    I'm feeling quite desperate sorry if I upset anyone who thinks I'm crazy .

Forum Member
    Hi pumpkin, your certainly not crazy but getting diagnosed with MND can make you feel that way and worse, you may not have MND so I would try and put that to the back of your mind for the time being, I pray you don’t have this dreadful disease, I hope you get some other diagnosis.
    Best wishes, John x

Forum Member
    Thank you for replying , it's very kind of you. It's hard not to worry.

Hi Pupkin and welcome to the forum.

What you describe may not be MND however many of us have experienced the frustration of delays in the method of confirming the illness. There is no biomarker for MND so the medics have to rule out all other possibilities first.

I hope you get a good result and remember that June is not far away. Stay safe and best wishes.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Thank You, it's just a very scary lonely place to be and I feel the doctors have only just started to listen now I can't drive my car. Thank You , it's very kind of you to reply.

Hi Pupkin

I'm sorry to hear that you have symptoms which are worrying you. Pins and needles aren't usually a symptom of motor neurone disease (MND) as they are caused by the sensory nerves which aren't affected by MND.

If your GP has diagnosed anxiety, have they suggested any treatment or coping strategies to try to help to improve this?

Please do feel free to give us a call here at the helpline to discuss your concerns. Sometimes it can be really helpful to talk through your worries. We are available on 0808 802 6262 which a Freephone number from both landlines and mobile phones.

Best Wishes

Rachel

Hi Pupkin;

As others have said, your symptoms could fit a number of different ailments and diseases. It is quite unlikely to be \Mnd and I hope you are only a temporary member hear.

It is awfall just waiting for an appointment 10 weeks away.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    I got given some anti depressants that's all really, I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place it just all seems to fit into place when I think what it could be. But you are all very kind for replying it means a lot to me.

Hi Pupkin,
    Do not apologise for your concerns, its not about being in the "wrong place" its trying to understand whats going on... I have been there and now I've been diagnosed, in a strange way its given me something to fight. Knowing I,m not going mad or having the feeling that your wasting peoples time (A&E, Doctors)
    But this condition is very hard to diagnose...
    With me, I was working within the NHS, when they thought I had hydrocephalus (water on the brain) they said have shunt all sorted!! May 2016. After numerous tests,MRI,Dat Scans,bloods, Lumber puncture they diagnosed me with FTLD in December 2017. Later in March 2018 neurologist said wasn't sure about the FTLD, possibly another form of Dementia, but I have been diagnosed with MND and waiting on results for other Dementia??? in April.
    So as you can see, things are never straight forward, it all takes time unfortunately. I really hope that you don't have this condition and it could be anything with those symptoms.
    June isn't too far away, I would write down a list of everything that's troubling you, give it to the neurologist and be guided by him.
    Hopefully. you'll get some answers.
    Sorry for going on, but hope it helps..
    " Look up to the stars, not down at your feet" Stephen Hawkins...
    Take care
    Chebs x

Forum Member
    That's very thoughtful of you to reply to me as you have Cleary a lot going on there and you must be strong to deal with all that I know you don't have any choice but I'm sure it's tough. Well I have asked for my appointment to be arranged quicker but they won't budge so I guess I will have to stick it out for now. I will write my concerns down Thank you that is a good idea. Best wishes to you too xx