Hospitals and medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospitals and medication

My husband was admitted to hospital Saturday with a chest infection. He has had intravenous antibiotics, fluids, been on a nebuliser, Bipap and had suction. He is improving slowly.
    My rant is that after months of 'tweeking' pain relief the pallative care Dr eventually got the right mix for him. The firt thing the hospital Dr did was review his meds and stop half of the pain killers and Riluzol. They stopped Zomorph because they didn't think they could be administered via PEG. I assured them it was suitable via PEG and eventually it is going to be reinstated tonight.
    One of the pallative team Dr visited him today and promptly reinstated the lot!
    He has however had a couple of days where he has been in great discomfort, the hospital Dr don't have his history they just decided to reduce medication.

Anyone else found this?

Regards

Kernowmum
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi Kernowmum;

Not first hand but I have heard of this and it is not uncommon. You would think that they would see what the partner carer had to say about it first but they don't seem to understand that we know quite a bit about our/our partners medication.

It pays to ask questions and try to find out what they are doing etc.

Hope he feels a bit better in the morning and is soon back home.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
    X