Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wav

We bought a Wav last week, Kia Sedona 2.2 auto with a Gold Brotherhood conversion. It is six and a half years old but a very high spec so quite expensive.

You can drive in the rear and move to the passenger side seating area. It ride is quite a firm but it's a lot better then being over the rear wheels.

But we are selling it because:-

It has no storage areas or space and if we go shopping, the wheelchair has to go in first and everything has to go on the floor behind making it impossible to stop and get out. If you went on holiday with it on a long trip it would be very hard to get out and to the loo.

Whilst I am sitting up the front, I am back from my wife's position so she can't see me as well as if I'm in the back, I hear some people say that's an advantage.

It is a big vehicle to drive around here but is probably a lot lot safer having side room and plenty of head room.

There is no where that I can put anything like a glass of water etc that I can reach, Mind you I can open the side electric door or it's window.

The sun was beating down on my legs but it was nice to have great views and to see signs etc again.

I feel sad to let it go but it is probably for the best, so if you are interested in it please contact me very soon as it's going next week.

Love Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 5th July 2018 at 22:14.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

We bought a Wav two weeks ago, Kia Sedona 2.2 auto with a Gold Brotherhood conversion. It is six and a half years old but a very high spec so quite expensive.

You can drive in the rear and move to the passenger side seating area. It ride is quite a firm but it's a lot better then being over the rear wheels.

But we are selling it because:-

It has loads of side and head room and very safe compared with most rear position ones.

I have managed to get a little further forward.

Whilst the sun can beat down on my legs the side windows are tinted so no sun. In a rear seating one you can get the sun on your neck and arms.

Great viability for me, I can see as much as the driver.

Also it has a rear view camera so I can see what she is hitting.

It is lovely to drive, superb gear auto box and has quite a lot of usable power.

My wife says so!

I came home last week saying we will sell it back to Jubilee, how wrong was I.

Love Terry

Just read the first post on this forum, changing a Land Rover for WAV.
    My hubby loves his cars and is not at all keen on driving a WAV or van. He is looking at Land Rovers, classy and stylish he says. He works in advertising and is 'creative '!! We are opposites!
    Anyone had any experience of converting a Land Rover or similar so we could get wheelchair access via a ramp?
    Thanks

Hi Newbie;

Putting a ramp up to a higher floor level will cause you problems in many way. Higher floor level WAV's mornally have a lift arrangement. You need plenty of head room at the door area to get into, especially with a lift arrangement as that takes a couple of inches up.

Best ask at some specialized companies for ideas etc.

Also look at the full range of WAV's as there are many different ones other than the standard small van ones.

Love Terry

Thanks Terry, good advice.
    We'll keep looking.