Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wav

Hi Pink;

Make sure that you have a good test drive over some bumpy roads to see what it's like. The ride in the back with a power wheelchair is always not so good as you are over the rear wheels.

Love Terry

Yes I will Terry, thanks

Hi Pink

I'm having a Peugeot Partner WAV delivered next week. It's basically the same car as the Berlingo.
    I tried it out with both my manual chair and my powerchair. It has a winch which helps to get the manual chair in otherwise it might be a bit of a struggle for your carer.
    It has automatic transmission like my current car but when I had a drive of it I found it very difficult since the seating position is more upright than my current car which means I have to lift my right leg to move my foot from the accelerator to the brake which I found quite difficult . I think I scared the chap who was demonstrating it. Oops! However, what he is doing is arranging for me to have a hand control for the accelerator and brake. (Its's a Jeff Gosling one that you can see a demo of on YouTube). If I can't cope with the hand controls my wife will have to start driving me around, but hopefully I should be okay.

Also, the one I am getting is a nearly new one. The advance payment is a lot less than for a new one . It has only done less than 1500 miles and is about 6 months old.

Andy

Hi Andy. It's my husband that will be driving the car. I'll be passenger in my power chair. (I just drive him round the bend!!) wed be happy with a second hand one if they've got one. We are getting a bit desperate for one now as we take me out with our portable wheelchair which isn't very comfortable.

Hi Andy;

I got used to left foot braking, I have driven/riden so many different things, it was not so hard to get the hang of it.

Love Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Ask if you are unsure about things Loobylou;

You can get some that have facility to have a wheelchair in both front seats I think.

And let us know what you find out.

Love Terry
    Hi Loobylou;

This is one that you could have the wheelchair in either place up front:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Qubo...sAAOSwRDpZpsno

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Thankyou all and for the link Terry. difficult making a forward decision on where my health is going to be at. As I live on my own its a question of how I think I will manage. Can get around a bit on two crutches at moment, so could get to back of car to winch down the wheelchair but not knowing how long for is where I am struggling to make a decision. Still driving my own automatic at the moment though think I will want hand controls on the future one as left hand is going a bit, partly due to an old injury and a dodgy operation that they won't fix and partly due to the dreaded disease. xx