Thread: Lightweight Folding Powerchair

Lightweight Folding Powerchair

Just thought I'd tell members about my new power chair.
    I went to my local support group today and my Freedom chair attracted lots of admirers!
    It's a great piece of kit, weighs in at 23kg and folds easily to fit in the car boot. I sat in it last night for 3 hours at the theatre and found it very comfortable.
    It's also great for dining out as I can drive up to the table and it's not much bigger than a dining chair.
    Sales pitch over, I should be on commission!!

Forum Member
    Hi, how did you come by the chair sounds ideal?

Hi Helen,

I only saw one of those Freedom chairs in Clinic recently. It was compact and very agile & zippy indeed!

I am glad you find it good and it's always nice to have personal recommendations for equipment - thanks!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi Helen,

It was good to meet you today at our Nottingham branch gathering. We were down in numbers this month but it was still a good meeting and for all our forum friends, the presentation by the pharmacist on the importance of vitamin D was enlightening.

Like others I am impressed with your power wheelchair as it is ideal for portability.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Newbie:
    Sounds great.
    Questions:
    Who funded it?
    What is the cost?
    Best
    charles

Good to meet you too Barry. Nice to put a face to a name.
    I went to my last clinic visit on my scooter and managed to manoeuvre into the various rooms but there were a few 10 point turns!
    The MND nurse seeing me struggle just happened to mention that a patient had been in recently in a rather snazzy chair and that they were looking to sell it.
    The chair retails around £2500 so I was fortunate to get a preowned one.
    They kindly threw in an electric seat raiser which gives me other options where to sit. Nice to have a change from my rise and recliner. Same principle as an ejector seat I guess!

Forum Member
    I googled them. They are about £2900 but look great and the fact you can get them into a vehicle is brilliant.