Thread: Share your views on accessible housing!

Share your views on accessible housing!

Our 2017 MND Costs research found that housing adaptations can be the biggest one-off cost people living with MND face.

Common adaptations can include wheelchair ramps and door widening, grab rails, wet rooms and stairlifts. But there are often problems with access to suitable housing or adaptations, such as long waits and limited financial help.

We’re currently exploring these issues around accessible housing and housing adaptations for people with MND, to fully assess the problem and inform our campaigning work.

We’d like to hear from you – find out more information here: www.mndassociation.org/housingsurvey, and take the survey to share your views: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MNDhousingpab

The Campaigns Team

Forum Member
    I saw on the Scottish news there are 10,000 people waiting on suitable housing or adaptations to their homes, some people are trapped in their current homes, living there life in one room. I guess I will be number 10,001.

John Mc.

Forum Member
    Me too John no 10, 002

Forum Member
    I applied for adapted housing several months ago and have not even recieved log on details yet to bid for properties. Me and hubby before we met each had owned nice houses 15 or so years ago. But our situations deteriorated and we now rent. I'm deteriorating, fall even at home. I need an appropriate house asap. It's very worrying.
    Last edited by Lynne K; 11th May 2018 at 22:25.

Forum Member
    Hi Lynne,
    I don’t understand why you have to bid for properties, does the council not offer places based on your condition, I’ve been on a waiting list for months just waiting for social worker to come and assess my needs, “ live for today “ pretty hard when you don’t know if you are going to be trapped in an unadapted upstairs flat,
    John x

done