Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Share your views on accessible housing!

Lynne, He walks down very slowly one step at a time.

When he's a bit tired than usual he comes down on his bottom to the walker.

Ok Twinkle. I only had 4 hours sleep the night before last so yesterday I had to be really careful. I usually get my husband to push me in my wheelchair if we go out anywhere when I'm that tired. Thankfully I got more sleep last night. We had a nice day. We drove in the sunshine to our new flat. Signed up for it, collected keys and hubby did some measuring up. He said that he wants 4 weeks to complete our move since he's doing it mostly by himself this time. Lots of planning and phone calls for me to do while he sorts out the packing up. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Great news Lynne. You can become project manager just like they do on tv property restoration programs.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Thanks Barry. Another bad night last night (about 4 hours sleep). Lynne, Moving Home Project Manager
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Lynne, I'm really pleased you're going to your new flat, it'll all be ready for Christmas too!!

Thanks Twinkle. I'm hoping that the council sort out adapting the front entrance very soon as a wheelchair could not manage the downward step into the flat. It was hard enough using my tri-walker. I had to have help. How the workmen renovating this flat didn't get on to that is beyond me, as too is the new kitchen unit set up. Two drawers at a corner cannot open because each drawer handle impedes the other. The Housing Officer took a photo to send to the powers that be. But we're going to improvise by taking the handles off and putting a string handle there instead. We're going to look at carpet and curtains today. I hope that the workmen come out and finish before our carpet fitter arrives or else our nice new carpets could get filthy. Lynne

Love the smell of new carpets!! Was you given any help for carpets decorating etc?
    The council used to give out grants didn't they when you had to move, or move into a house with nothing. I think I got £200, but this was in 1994 lol
    Is it a nice area you've moved too?

Hi Twinkle. I didn't get any help. We chose carpet and there is somebody going to our flat on Tuesday to measure up. We have not bought any more curtains today but going back to Musbury Mill tomorrow. We went yesterday but they didn't have our depth nor width. We checked others today and nobody did. So we are going to buy 2 pairs for each of the awkward windows and get a longer length than needed and having Musbury Mill shorten them for us. They advertise such a service. I'm looking forward serto our new flat now. Lynne