Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried a Batec or similar

Hi Tony,

Remember to take the manual with you as airport officials will want to see the specifications and how the batteries are removed.

Enjoy,

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Holiday report Back home in from holiday after a great but tiring 10 week trip ,the freedom chair was superb throughout and coped with everything I threw at it ! I personalized it with a new cushion to gain extra height and a small extra padding to the backrest but otherwise it was standard , I had no problems flying with it , my rock Janet just removed the batteries at the plane door and also removed the controller put those in an onboard cabin bag and leave the rest to the ground staff (who were without exception superb ) at the other end I let everyone disembark then an aisle chair took me to my awaiting steed ,clip in the battery and controller and off I popped
    we flew with Singapore airlines from Manchester to Houston ,Spirit airlines Houston to Orlando and United and Frontier airlines to Bozeman in Montana a total of ten flights over the holiday and all were handled very professionally by the airlines and ground staff
    Singapore airlines are a cut above the rest but even spirit ( think Ryanair ) were great also a good tip I use the Topro Troja walker when I’m indoors and I invested in their carry bag this saved it getting bashed and was a good investment ,
    If you are worried about flying don’t be as the man says “Just do it “

What a wonderful trip Tony - kind of sorry to welcome you home, if you know what I mean !!

Janet could have a new career as a (much sought after) aircraft door wheelchair technician

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Forum Member
    I was complaining to her about how long she took to put two batteries and my controller on my chair at the gate 2-3 mins !
    Lewis Hamilton’s guys put 4 wheels and petrol in his transport in under 6 seconds but as she said they are paid not getting carers allowance they are paid real money !!

You're either very brave or very dim
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Forum Member
    Dim but fast ! As I said it after the chair and me sped off