Thread: hello

Forum Member

Red face hello

hello everyone

I have often read the forum and used it for information over the years but have never posted.

I was diagnosed in 2012 after a year or more of bizarre suggestions from several different doctors and finally changed doctor to one who immediately sent me to a neurologist and the rest as they say is history.

I am very lucky to have the most amazing group of friends and fantastic family that are such a mad lot there is never a dull moment here.

Before I had Mnd I worked at Primary school with children with special needs. I loved my work.
    I am a mother of 3 very sporty children and have spent most of my life riding ,training and breeding horses and ponies,a pastime that led to my girls and I travelling far and wide competing in shows.

Life was very different to now.

I have read lots of your stories and I am looking forward to hearing more.
    thanks for reading ,

Sarah

Hi Sarah and a warm welcome to the Forum.

My 14yo daughter is also horse mad and I'm immune to the smell of horse pee at this stage, though it took a while

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum;

It's nice to read a upbeat introduction for a change, not that I can blame anyone for not being so.

It must of taken me 3 months to get a bit used to the diagnoses, so it would have been hard for me to write anything positive then.

Glad to hear that you have some crazy people around you, it's good to not be too serious if you can.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie

it's an interesting smell but one that I am quite fond of! x
    Hi Terry
    I have had my darker days at the beginning and I have been fortunate that my mnd has been slowly progressing. I have been able to adapt and am determined to not worry about things I can't change and just get on with it.

Sarah

Forum Member
    Welcome Sarah

You find great support, advice, knowledge, and friendship from the forum members here.

All the best to you.

CCxox

Hello and welcome Sarah.

I guess you will know many of our forum friends if you have been looking in for a while. Whilst we can no longer do many of the things we did prior to MND it is satisfying to watch our children or grandchildren doing what they enjoy. It is such a blessing to have a great family network and I hope they continue to bring you joy.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Sarah and welcome. You've come the best place for some great support!

Hi Sarah;

I got most things sorted out quite early on and then had a fairly slow progression so I'm still using most things that I sorted out 5 to 7 years ago. I'm having a lot more trouble doing or getting anything altered now.

Love Terry