Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black eyes Mnd group

Forum Member
    Earlier this year on a visit to Rarotonga I fell on some stairs in a restaurant ....within seconds I had at least 4 lovely local men come to my aid! It was almost worth falling!

Hi Terry,

Why is that gyms are unsafe? Remember my story about the automatic gate opening the wrong way and knocking me backwards. I do hope you are not too sore and from your description you can’t join Charles’s band since you have no black eye.
    I’m going to take Ellie up on her offer of training since i ran over someone’s foot today with my scooter.

Barry x
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Hi Barry,

Are you back home?

I think that I have damaged my rib muscles quite bad trying to walk with my walker. I am OK breathing but moving my arm or tencing my chest muscles is painful.

Looks like a few days in bed but hopefully not.

Hope their foot is OK. I think I've only caught one person who suddenly turned around and jumped into the wheelchair.

Do tend to run over granddads shoes but his toes are in a long way from the ends

Love Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 12th June 2018 at 01:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Earlier this year on a visit to Rarotonga I fell on some stairs in a restaurant ....within seconds I had at least 4 lovely local men come to my aid! It was almost worth falling!

Rarotonga!!!! That's a lot more exotic than Terry's local gym

Hope the holiday was AMAZING.

Oh, and sorry about your fall Dani, I hope you weren't too sore to enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Barry - QED x
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Forum Member
    Thank you Ellie...I was on my way home to New Zealand...it was lovely. Now that I can’t walk at all unaided I don’t fall so often...I have learnt my limitations ...a rollator is my best friend x

Forum Member
    Oh Terry! It's one thing trying to keep,fit,going to the gym but..... Hope the ribs don't give you too much grief. Take it easy. X

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Barry,

Are you back home?

I think that I have damaged my rib muscles quite bad trying to walk with my walker. I am OK breathing but moving my arm or tencing my chest muscles is painful.

Looks like a few days in bed but hopefully not.

Hope their foot is OK. I think I've only caught one person who suddenly turned around and jumped into the wheelchair.

Do tend to run over granddads shoes but his toes are in a long way from the ends

Love Terry
    Yes Terry I’m back. My daughter took me to a concert this evening and I used my folding power wheelchair which is only it’s second outing. The tank arms for steering take a bit of getting used to and it’s not keen on Nottingham hills or the carpet in the theatre.
    If you have bruised your ribs Terry then take it easy for a few weeks and no gym.

Barry x
    Life is a journey, not a destination.