Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Black eyes Mnd group

Forum Member
    Hi Fru..I do hope your hubby is sorted now?? What a disgraceful length of time to wait! I can't believe it. I had to lift my husband up off the floor last week...he slid off the settee onto his bum when I was trying to get him up. He was laughing his head off which made it worse for me because I was heaving and huffing and puffing and getting exasperated! It did make me think that a hoist is going to have to be discussed sooner rather than later..I hope your hubby is ok and comfortable now xxx
    Boiler x

Forum Member
    Hi Fru

Is an Ambulance Service in the UK for emergency medical situations ?

I can't comprehend how your husband is expected to be waiting on the floor for medical care to come and help him for 5 hours! ??? If he is in a wheelchair then clearly they know he has medical needs that need to be immediately addressed.

Can you call the Firemen and Police ? They have some medical training and should be able to help him.

I agree with Terry its disgusting and completely absurd to me this is even allowed to happen.

Hugs to you both xoxo

Forum Member
    Hi all, they have been and Ed is in bed now. Apart from grazes and bruises he is fine. Did ECG and everything. Say they will refer us to OT but we only saw OT last week. District nurse coming tomorrow. We have had a good plateau for some time now and we are in a new wave.
    Ambulance arrived at 01.15 and my first call went out at 19.45. We are going to have to be more careful. Night night Fru xx

Forum Member
    Glad he is safe in bed with nothing broken but what an awful experience for you both.
    Take Care
    Love Debbie x

Hi Fru;

What a lot of worry and very bad quality time spent when it would have taken them 10 minutes. They don't think of the strain it puts on us.

Hope his soon up and running around without any pain.

Love Terry

I hope your poor husband is recovering and you are both getting over the shock.
    I find it scary to know how long it took for help to arrive.
    Have a relaxing day today!
    Marigold

After Steve had a couple of falls the OT got us an hoist to get him up again. Since then we have a ceiling hoist over the bed and a mobile folding hoist (which takes up a lot less space) for use in the rest of the house. Luckily we had it when his legs gave way when he got up from the toilet. It's disgraceful how long he had to wait, but hope he's feeling better today.
    Sue x

Forum Member
    Hi lovely people! Ed has had a quiet day. Slept for most of it. Yes, definitely going to get a hoist or lifter of some kind as we need to be independent of any services in the future. He would have been seen quicker if I said he had banged his head but he didn't and we didn't want to go to hospital. Thank you so much for all your support. He doesn't hurt so much now. Panic over and all calm here again xx

Thanks for the update, Fru;

Hope he is up and about tomorrow and it has not knocked his confidence but will be more careful.

Does he know why it happened.

Hope you are recovered as well.

Hugs Terry

Forum Member
    I have an impressive lump on my head, bruises, sore joints and grazes from a fall in our kitchen about 7pm. But on a good note I was able to get myself up within a few minutes. Going to the gym and doing chair based muscle building classes for a couple of weeks paid off. Before joining the gym I was really struggling to get up from falls. One took me about 35 minutes trying everything but too weak to do most. I had to cancel all my gym and exercise classes because of my fractured thumb (caused by my last fall) and I've had a terribly sore back. Thankfully my tens machine gave some relief. Sorry to moan on. I just felt like telling somebody. Thanks all of you for being here. Lynne