Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Black eyes Mnd group

You will have to take it easy for a few days, Lynne ;

Hope you are OK, but it sounds quite a bad fall and you will be sore for a few days. Impressed that you can get up.

Your post is not a moan, you will have to try harder for that.

Wish you a speedy recovery, Terry

Forum Member
    Feel better Lynne, I hope your not too bruised, and sore

CCxox

Hi lynne. Hope you're not too sore today. Very impressed you managed to get your self up though. Glad that Ed is OK x

Forum Member
    Oh no Lynne!

Hope you're not too sore and that you're having an easy day. It really knocks our confidence to have a fall. It hurts too !

You are definitely not moaning.. just resilient and brave !

Love Debbie x

Thank you all for your lovely comments. My head is sore to the touch but otherwise OK. It was quite a hard surface to fall on, our stone tiled kitchen floor - ouch! Last night my head came up like the pointy end of an egg. But it rounded off and has gone down. We are going to Robin Hoods Bay tomorrow for a week. I have booked a cottage that we know well (had bbq's with friends there lots of times). It has a ground floor bedroom with en-suite and 2 more bedrooms upstairs. We are having guests for one night. We plan to chill, forget everything. That cannot come soon enough. We have friends in the village so some pleasant times to be had. We are desperately trying to find an adapted bungalow or appartment. This would help me avoid falls. But they are few and far between. Thanks again everybody. Lynne

I fell again at folk festival I'm at. Was turning sharp left onto the ramp access to the back doors of the hall. My hubby and one of the stewards, who is a music friend got me up. I think that I'd put some of my weight through the weak spot of a 3 wheeled walker. I'm OK now but had a little melt down when they got me up. Lynne

Hi Lynne;

Hope you're OKish. Three wheeled walkers can be a strange animal because if you go a bit sideways they go on two wheels that pull you forward as well as sideways.

Put a weight in it for extra stability, Gallon of water makes a good start.

Love Terry

Thanks Terry, but I already had weight in it - my handbag that was quite heavy and a bottle of water. Lynne

Hi Lynne,

I hope you are feeling better after a night’s sleep. May I suggest you get a 4 wheeled walker as they give more stability. You still need to be careful with kerbs (personal experience) but I believe they increase your confidence.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Barry. Thanks, but I have a 4 wheeled walker with big wheels and a seat. I used it for the first time when we went to Boundary Mill in Colne Lancashire. It was great. It has a smashing turning circle and when I'm tired I can sit and rest. But in confined areas it isn't as convenient as my 3 wheeled walker that I can make slimmer to get through small spaces and it is still supportive. I cannot do this with the 4 wheeled walker. Each of them has it's place. The 3 wheeled one has a weakness when weight is placed midway between the front wheel and the back 2 wheels. It tips over. So I have to put weight through the handles or lean directly ahead. Leaning midway tips it up and I go one way while the walker goes another. Im not long from needing a wheelchair all the time but I'll keep using my legs wherever and whenever I can. Lynne