Thread: Sound Advice!

Forum Member

Sound Advice!

We are in the process of finalising plans for a wet room and some adaptions to our home. We had good advice from OT but I had no idea how complicated it would be and because we are having to fund it ourselves we have been able to consider different options.

This forum is such a good place for experienced advice and support as it is obviously really important to think ahead ! We have been looking through all the threads on wet rooms and wheelchair adaptions and found lots of further recommendations and handy hints !

Thanks Everyone,
    Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    Good luck with your wet room and adaptions Debbie.

If in doubt, ask us Debbie;

You probably don't have to do everything the way your helpful OT said. I was told that i needed a 5 meter, dogleg ramp with handrails that would cut my garden in half. I have had a temporary??? 1 and a half meter ramp that I fixed for over five years that allows access to all areas

Good luck, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Thanks Lynne and Terry for your replies,
    It's a fine line between needing the wet room ASAP and not rushing into things ! We are going to look again at options but tonight is definitely chill time .. I am not fed up of watching football yet although it won't be long !!!
    Terry, I really hope you are healing after your fall.
    Love Debbie x