Thread: FlowtronŽ universal intermittent pneumatic compression system

Forum Member

FlowtronŽ universal intermittent pneumatic compression system

Does anyone use FLOWTRONŽ UNIVERSAL INTERMITTENT PNEUMATIC COMPRESSION SYSTEM to help with swollen feet and ankles during the day?

Had a pair of calf 'socks' fitted during my recent visit to the hospital - worked very well indeed - kept the swelling down and my feet warmer. Wondering if any one has been prescribed this system and how it works for them in daily use.

Kind regards

Chas

Hi Chas;

I've not heard of people getting anything like this from the OT or social services.

Sorry to hear that you've been staying in the hospital but pleased that they have been trying some things on you.

A few people have bought similar things and I believe they show some benefit.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Thanks Terry,

I'll have a chat on Monday with my OT - she is coming to help sort out a mattress for me - possibly even a bed. I sink into the centre of my current mattress and it is difficult to turn when you're in a hole - so to speak

I have looked on a few websites and get a good feeling for the system - if it is not too expensive I might go down the self help route - but have a chat with the Lymphedema team first. Nothing feels as good as warm feet - even on a hot day.

Another thought: this forum has offered great help over the many years - but I suspect there are quite a few of us might not be so computer/research savvy as some - and since I produce the North & North East Lincs Group newsletter - I am thinking to add in a regular piece about aids and how useful they are. Anyone want to contribute - all articles greatly appreciated.

Regards to all

Chas

Hi Chas;

I just wondered whether you had made any progress with this matter.

Love Terry