Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling low

Post Feeling low

Hi All

Hope your all feeling as well as can be expected.

Sorry I haven't been intouch. I have been struggling with having MND since I was diagnosed in August 2008. I broke down at Day Centre on Monday, I cried for most of the time I was there. I felt alone and trapped in a body I don't like anymore.

Not being able to speak, I miss my voice. Having to rely on an iPad to talk for me is hard, and I get the feeling that to others waiting for me to type a sentence is time consuming for them, so they try to finish my sentences for me.

At home I have to hide how I am feeling from my mother, as she thinks I am going to rećover and gets reałly upst when I try to tell her how I am feeling, so I keep to myself until I go to Day Centre .

Right now I feel like maybe I ŵould be better off ded, I know it's a harsh thing to say, but that's how I feel today. I am normally a positive person, but the spark in me has gone. I am worried it has gone forever.

I have gone off the idea of doing a half marathon in September to raise money for MND and for my Day Centre.

I hope this feeling will disappear. Got any solutions

Best Wishes
    Carol

Forum Member
    Hello
    I was diagnosed in April 2017 and some days I feel low. I have sold all my canoeing, kayaking,climbing and cycling kit. I have bought a mobility scooter and each night I go out with my wife and dog, this is the best time of the day. I am also a positive person and I have turned my efforts into getting disabled access to the canal that goes through the village. I am making progress.

Chris

Hi Carol;

Good to hear from you but sorry you're so down. No magic words but try not to beat yourself up, it doesn't solve anything or make you feel better.

I used to get very upset over perhaps little things and very frustrated.

Maybe do your half marathon in September, JUST to prove me wrong.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hello
    A positive part of my day is playing online Chess with Terry
    Chris

Forum Member
    I know the feeling well. I want to be dead every day but I can't physically do it as im paralysed. I also have life insurance that my son won't get if I manage to even do it. So I'm stuck in this hell day in day out. I'm sorry I'm not helping just wanted you to know you are not alone feeling low.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroljohn177 View Post
    Got any solutions
    Hi Carol. Yes I have a possible solution. Counselling.
    Your life is not over. When I saw you had had it since 2008, I thought wow.

You really are doing well. Focus on what you can do. Not how yu d it. Correct those that speak for you. It doesnt matter if its a ipad. Its you that make the words.

Very sorry for how you feel Carol. I hope that letting it all out helps and that you manage to have a good night's sleep tonight and wake up feeling a little brighter tomorrow morning. Lynne x

Quote Originally Posted by Caroljohn177 View Post
    Hi All

Hope your all feeling as well as can be expected.

Sorry I haven't been intouch. I have been struggling with having MND since I was diagnosed in August 2008. I broke down at Day Centre on Monday, I cried for most of the time I was there. I felt alone and trapped in a body I don't like anymore.

Not being able to speak, I miss my voice. Having to rely on an iPad to talk for me is hard, and I get the feeling that to others waiting for me to type a sentence is time consuming for them, so they try to finish my sentences for me.

At home I have to hide how I am feeling from my mother, as she thinks I am going to rećover and gets reałly upst when I try to tell her how I am feeling, so I keep to myself until I go to Day Centre .

Right now I feel like maybe I ŵould be better off ded, I know it's a harsh thing to say, but that's how I feel today. I am normally a positive person, but the spark in me has gone. I am worried it has gone forever.

I have gone off the idea of doing a half marathon in September to raise money for MND and for my Day Centre.

I hope this feeling will disappear. Got any solutions

Best Wishes
    Carol
    Hi Carol,

I can empathise with your post but I suggest your aims in life are far from over. Try to stay positive and do the half marathon. I know how it feels when you try to use a voice app and people interrupt but be forceful in your gestures to shut them up.

My family also thought I was going to get better but I quickly convinced them of the reality of MND. Be honest with your family. Dont give up Carol.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Im going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Hi Carol & Iv73

Hope tomorrow you're feeling a little brighter. As Terry said there's no magic words, but I found a few inspiring ones hoping you can take some comfort from one or two of them...

CCxox

"If you’re going through Hell, keep going." Winston Churchill

“You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” - Chuck Yeager

“You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.” - Babe Ruth

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” - Confucius

“Survival can be summed up in three words―never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” ―Bear Grylls

'What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us" - Helen Keller

"Come what may, all bad fortune is to be conquered by endurance" - Virgil

"Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change" - Friedrich Schiller

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." - Elisabeth Kbler-Ross

Forum Member
    Hi Carol
    I am so sorry you're feeling so low and I hope you're feeling just a little better today ...Like Terry said no magic words, just one day at a time . If you have lived with this for ten years you must be such a strong person.

On a different note, CC , Your quotes got me up and ready to enjoy a sunny day!

Thank you,
    Love Debbie x