Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling low

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your positive encouragement.

I am really trying to get out of thi feeling, I have even gone to Westfield today with my carer for a bit of retail therapy! Usually that works.

I will focus more on positive things like fundraising, enjoying whatever time I have left. It was a friend at Day Centre yesterday who told me to go to the forum and express my feelings. I honestly thought the forum was to talk about MND symptoms, that's why I stayed away.

I won't do that again, feeling alone is very scary. It's what makes me cry, it's like I am fighting this horrible disease and getting nowhere

It's good to know I have support with the forum

Again, thank you so much.

Çarol x

Hi Carol ;

It's good to hear you have got outside, hopefully not totally in the shops because it's lovely here outside in the sunshine.

Please feel free to talk about anything, it's nice to hear from you.

Love Terry

What type of support does the Day Centre offer you Carol? If they have a counsellor, it'd be great to have a 'chat' with her/him.

If they have Art Therapy or Massage Therapy etc, grab a session too.

And yes, sit outside and catch some vitamin D-laden sunshine - a good way to boost your mood.

Do you take antidepressants?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi Ellie

At Day Centre I have lots support . I çan talk to a counsellor every 2 weeks. He is very nice and comes heck on me on other days too. I go to Day Centre 3 times a week and I love it.

I have a massage everytime I am there, it really helps with the stiffness. There is also an art class where we make bags, paint on silk scarves, make cards, mosaics etc., The art teacher -Bronwyn has become one of my best friends, she is always there for me. She always finds the time to listen and talk to me when I am feeling low.

I don't take antidepressants, ŵas offered by my consultant but I declined

Best Wishes
    Çarol

Hope you’re feeling brighter Carol!
    I’m new here and feeling very inspired by your 10 years.
    Are you seriously running a half Marathon????
    I need to up my game!!!!!
    X

Hi

I am not 100% yet, but I am getting there. I have managed to attend my Day Centre.

Yes, believe it or not, I will be doing a half marathon in September to raise money for MND and my Day Centre. I went off the idea ,but I am determined to push myself. What have you been doing?

Best Wishes
    Carol

Hi Carol ;

It's good to hear you being motivated and up beet.

It makes me feel a bit better.

Hi Marigold ;

As much as many of us would like to run it, I think Carol plans to do the distance in her wheelchair.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Carol,
    I am so glad you're feeling a little better and that you're out and about ..I have been thinking about you .

The half marathon plans sound amazing and really admirable so I wish you lots of luck ... In your wheelchair.

Hi Marigold and Terry,
    I would like to run it too although I didn't do it when I was fit so I can't really complain. I know I would be a liability if I tried in my scooter , although my collisions would probably raise awareness of MND .
    Love Debbie x

Hi Carol, Terry, and Debbie,
    OK - feeling foolish now...rookie error!!

I am planning my first fundraising project, so you have given me more ideas.

Reading everyone's posts is really helping me to crack on and deal with this 'thing'.

Thanks All,
    Marigold

Forum Member
    Hi Marigold
    Not a rookie error at all...just a lovely thought ! Glad you're feeling a little better.
    Love Debbie x