Thread: Falling

Forum Member

Falling

It seems a long time now since I last had a fall, in fact it is two or maybe three years. When I first started to fall I was given this advice by an ex para. When you feel your starting to fall try and relax as much as possible. This worked for me and despite many falls including those involving stairs, I came through with only the odd bruise. So my friends try to relax when falling. A tensed up body means more pain and more broken bones.

Best wishes to you all, and I sincerely hope this works as well for you as it did and still does for me.

CB.

Barefoot John
    Hi Stuart, yes you are correct in saying to relax.

When i was in the British Army, i had to do a lot of parachute jumps as being a machine gunner in infantry, we were always taken to the action by air.

yes relaxing just lets the body ie the legs fold more naturally and so not hurting so much when we hit the ground (i hit harder as carrying a heavy GPMG automatic machine gun lol)

In the 22 drops i had to do, i relaxed every time and suffered no injuries

Best wishes to you also.

John
    Last edited by Barefoot John; 19th October 2011 at 19:35.

Thanks for the advice CB and john, better late than never wish i'd known this when i were on my pins i had more falls than you can imagine
    but i will keep the advice in mind for when i fall out of my wheelchair lol
    Last edited by elle; 25th October 2011 at 23:05.
    "LIFE'S A DREAM"

Barefoot John
    lol Elle , like it

Londoneye
    Elle, its so good to see people with your sense of humour even though you are living with MND

Forum Member
    I have been taking a few falls lately thats is why when i was asked to chose a forum name i chose this one
    my knees are getting so sore now so i got some knee protectors used for skate boarding
    its done the trick for my knees

Take Countyboys advice and relax when you fall, try to protect your own safety at all times or maybe use a stick anything to protect yourself x elle x
    "LIFE'S A DREAM"

Forum Member
    Thanks for the tips, will pass it on to my mum as she has had 2 falls in the last 10 days with 2 breaks
    L