Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy jet nightmare!!

Absolutely terry.we're made of tough stuff but that was a tester! Glad you're back on top! Having blood tests tomorrow but dr thinks it's probably the stress! I have suffered with ibs in the past. He's also told me to lay off the riluzole while I'm like this as it's a well known side effect! I didn't know that. Actually got an appetite today! On the upside the lady from weldmar came today with copies of the book I wrote! That's cheered me up!

Glad you and the chair made it home safely Pink - you probably need another holiday after that experience!

I hope your tummy continues to improve too, now you're back home.

Congrats on the book Pink, you must be so proud. You probably mentioned it on the forum, sorry! What's it about - your life so far?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Yes Pink;

I hope you are eating more today and settling down.

Good to have the book in print.

Love Terry

Yes Ellie, memories of my life and my journey into life with mnd. Tummy is easing thanks Terry. Supposed to be going to a friend's 60th birthday meal but not up to it. So disappointed

Update on the blood tests. My potassium and electrolyte levels are low! Still got upset tummy, that's two weeks now. Got to eat bananas and oranges and have to have another blood test Friday. I have a banana everyday as it is.

Sorry to hear that Pink. No Dioralyte? Just extra banans & oranges?

Have you been vomiting, sweating abnormally or maybe you're dehydrated with the hot weather?

Hope you feel better soon x

Not vomiting thank god Ellie but had enough now. Its bad enough having mnd without having stomach problems. Also fed up of having a sore coccyx. Tried different wheelchair cushions. Moan over x

Oh that's too much hun!!

Any idea which cushions you've tried?

I need the J2 Deep Contour in my wheelchair, it has extra gel for the coccyx area - this is it without its cover, the bum part has deep, squishy gel.

J2 Deep Contour.jpg

For my recliner, I've a Trulife Gel Cell (wheelchair) cushion. It's much thinner than the J2, but perfect for the recliner.

Trulife Gel Cell.jpg

Really hope things turn around for you.

Love Ellie.

Forum Member
    Pinkelle, Sorry you had such a bad experience with your mobility scooter, it amazes me how much difference one can be treated even with the same airline, when I took my Wife for a holiday in nice and flew with Easyjet from Gatwick and although we were new to her having a mobility scooter it was a stress free and caring experience for us. Yes we did have to have a battery recognised safe by airlines and found the details in our scooter handbook. After leaving my Wife in the main entrance to Gatwick south terminal whilst I parked at the Long term carpark I returned to find a lady employed by Gatwick who seeing my Wife stayed with her until I returned and and helped us all the way through checking in etc. My Wife was allowed to stay in her scooter all the way to the departure gate ( with guidance from airport staff and lifts to avoid steps or escalators. The Scooter then disappeared (with the instruction manual I had attached to it), on arrival at Nice she was wheel chaired to the baggage reclaim where the scooter ( fully assembled was waiting for her), my purpose in replying is to Ensure you are not put of off future travel. When booking contact the Airlines special needs department and they should! Take care of everything taking pressure off of you ( early booking helps because they have limited space for scooters.) Sincerely hope you and other travellers continue to enjoy ôsuch deserved & important holidays. Two way communication is so important for peace of mind. God bless, peter x

Hi Ellie I'm not sure what my cushion is called but it has lots of pyramid shapes inside which are full of air. Yours sounds very comfortable!
    Peter, how different your experience with easy jet was!