Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Easy jet nightmare!!

Yes Terry! It was at the airport all along! They rang me to tell me the morning we flew home. So I collected it and checked it back in again!

Ellie, the camera omg! Hope he's changed his mind about that!

You have to look on the bright side Pink;

THink of all the washing you saved. Pleased you got it back but it was a week too late.

Love Terry

Ha ha! Yes it was strange unpacking all clean clothes!

Hi all,

Unlike my flight from Birmingham in February where we were last onboard because they forgot to collect us from the assistance lounge, today was better. We had 2 staff to get us to our Flybe flight to Corsica and we were first onboard. Arriving at Bastia airport we expected to be last off but I was not prepared for the undignified carry in a wheelchair down the steps by 2 men. I felt sure they were going to drop me and I’m sure it contravenes any health and safety rules, assuming they exist on the island.

Car hire check in went well given that my license expires tomorrow. DVLA are still checking my medical report so the new license is pending and I was expecting to have to explain this in my school day French which just about gets me by in a restaurant.

Hotel is good but again the disabled friendly is an overstatement. All the paths are crazy paving and very uneven and the ramps are at 45 degree angles. Still I shouldn’t complain since I’ve seen a chap in a power wheelchair. I’m going to be challenged getting through the next 7 days but it’s 30C here and I have a great view of the sea.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Enjoy your holiday x

That's settled it for me then - my next flight will be to Bastia and I look forward to disembarkation

Take it easy Phileas Fogg, you've plenty more travelling to do and report on.

Corsica is a beautiful place and its people sometimes don't like to toe the line, unlike the mainlanders!!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Hope you enjoy your holiday, Barry and it is worth the hassle of the journey. Enjoy that sea view.

I too was " bumped " down the steps in a wheelchair in Spain because the ambilift was broken. It didn't feel at all safe and I just closed my eyes and counted in Spanish ! We must be mad because we're going again next week ! Just want to travel whilst I still can.

Love Debbie

Good for you Debbie, enjoy!!
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Ooo Barry...wish I was there with you! I went to Sardinia many years ago and absolutely loved it! I think Corsica is very close by so probably very similar. Hope you have a lovely holiday ��...yes that method of getting off the plane is verrrrry scary...my husband had the same undignified descent off a 777-200 years ago in St Kitts..strapped in with 2 men carrying him down what seemed like a 100 steps. I was stood on the tarmac looking on in horror but he survived it..enjoy!! Xx