Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PEG and RIG

When I was still working we had lots of people in for RIG and PEG insertion worst complication I ever saw was a tube snapped off by the person. So do not dwell on negatives There seems much more focus on risks when people are consented for treatment than there was in years past.

Hi friends, still in the hospice. Starting to feel a bit better now. It's taken quite a while. They don't want me to leave until my hoists have been fitted. (Thursday) .was going to come out Thursday afternoon but my new care package can't start until Monday. We have been managing at home but being in here has made me realise we need more help at home. I was just having carers in when my husband was at work but realistically especially coming away from the hospice where I feel I've been babysat for a few weeks,) I need them to come daily. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all and to top it all my speech is really going downhill.

Good luck with getting enough carers x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi Pink;

Good that you are feeling better and that the hospice has sorted you out and hopefully a care package that works. It's good to have them involved with things as they might be able to sort out any problems.

Hope you have been seeing a speech therapist whilst in there and if not it might be a good idea if they can sort out one to visit you this week. They normally have more leverage.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Pink
    It's good to hear that you are feeling a lot better. You sound as though you have had marvellous treatment at the hospice .
    I too have noticed a deterioration in my speech lets hope it doesn't go at all together . It is the one thing that I dread after always been a chatterbox !
    Good luck for going home next week

Love Chris

So pleased you're feeling a bit better now you have had a really tough few weeks.
    It's good that you've been well cared for in the hospice and I'm glad a good support package has been put in place for when you get home.
    I Couldn't manage without my lunchtime help now only a matter of time before they're coming a lot more.
    Take care and good to see you back on the forum xxx

Forum Member
    Hi Pink,

Glad you're feeling a little better and it sounds like you're getting good care now. I have been thinking of you.

I am not surprised you're feeling overwhelmed with all the changes I hope you get home soon with a suitable care package in place so you feel more settled.

Love Debbie x

Hi everyone I'm home. Was a bit nervous about it. But once I'm in a routine I'm sure it will be OK. Bit disappointed as I tried to use my sack truck when I come home home but it wasn't happening. Will try again tomorrow as my ot is coming to see me. Thanks for all the messages of support X

Good to hear but shame about the sack barrow, Pink;

Don't let them take it away unless you're certain that you won't be able to use it. Perhaps give it a couple of weeks.

Stay safe.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Welcome home Pink

I am sure you will soon get used to things in a little while , you haven't been home in ages it will feel strange . Onwards and upwards now you are back home .

Take care and all the best

Love Chris x
    Last edited by raymond; 20th November 2018 at 09:40.