Thread: DVD ..hi all

DVD ..hi all

Hi everyone remembered me from the past .. hope everyone is as well as can be expected and hopefully feeling a lot better .. life has changed for me since Michael passed away which is now over a year ago .. Decided I needed a complete change and Iam now living in Spain on the Costa del sol ..still my house in Ireland I am here for a year to see how it goes ..I have rented a two bed apartment for 12 months and now going into my 3 month ..I do think of of you all ..I haven't forgotten about any of you .. I do think about you all the time ..Today I thought I must go on and say a big hi and thank you again for all the support I got when caring for Michael ..will be nice to hear from you ..DVD. David

Hello my friend and thanks for stopping by!!

I am so happy for you, hope it all works out. Good idea to do a long term rental, you'll get a real feel for the place and then you can decide your next step.

I think of you and Michael from time to time, in particular what a wonderful friend you were to him.

I'm still alive, if not kicking

Take care,

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Forum Member
    Hi DVD

Good to hear you are doing well.

‘They say Spain is pretty, though I've never been’ I hope it’s everything you want it to be, and more.

Take good care of yourself, and stay well

CCxox

Forum Member
    DVD, enjoy Costa del Sol not been there since young days but lots of other bits on cruises into the Mediterranean. Driven lot places in Spain and my sister lives in Gibraltar. Also used enjoy going over to Dublin and Wicklow in rugby days on tours I organised. Also had sailing boat in Wales for 24yrs and share in boat in Greece now MND cannot walk and talk. Just watching the penalty kick out. Best wishes John

Hi Ellie my friend ..how I think of you often ..expect the kids are getting up a bit now ..time does fly by ..when ever I hear the word Dublin you flash into my mind .it's strange in the forum you never meet people but you know them so well . Keep well my friend
    Hi ccinjersey yes the coast is very nice here and makes such a change to my old bones is the nice weather ..hope you are keeping well ..xx
    Hi JT.. they are football crazy here in Spain from kids to grand parents ..no call for a TV here as when a goal is scored loud cheers go up ..do hope you are also keeping well
    Will pop in again soon to chat to all ..
    Love to all who remembers me ..DVD ..David

Great to hear from you David.

I always think a new adventure is exciting and it sounds like you have thought this one out carefully. Check in occasionally and let us know how you are.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    I have often wondered how you are. Thank you for the update, it's good to hear from people who have been contributors to the forum.

Forum Member
    Hi DVD great to hear from you and glad that you are enjoying all the sun, sea and sangria!
    Love and best wishes
    Fru XX

Hi Barry, Miranda and Fru...yes I thought it through before I made the step to do it ..I missed Michael so much I was basically going round in circles for the past year so had this idea of moving over to Spain where Michael and I had so many great holidays .. was very strange being here without him and yes there were many silent tears when I saw or looked at something or visited places that was a reminder of us being there but it is beginning to get easier now .. Michael and I had a few Spanish friends here so I know if I need anything they will help me as they did help me source this apartment out ..lovely to hear from you again .. it was great to hear from the others who replied to my posting also ..take care ..love to you all .. my thoughts always will remain with the great people I had the pleasure of chatting to on the forum ..xx David

Good to hear from you David;

We miss your very informative posts and I still use one or two of your tips.

Sounds nice out there.

Enjoy, Love Terry