Thread: Apparently, MND is not enough...

Forum Member

Apparently, MND is not enough...

My best friend found out today that her mum has lung cancer. It's terminal, she has been given 3 weeks to 3 months to live, unless they are able to get her on Chemo, in which case she might get a year.

When my friend's mum went into hospital a few weeks ago, my friend told her, 'you're not allowed to die before me.' She was trying to lighten the mood.

At the moment, her mother isn't well enough to come out for a visit and my friend isn't well enough to visit her. They are both really missing each other.

My heart is breaking for my friend's father, brother and her 2 (adult) children.

My friend's dog isn't in great shape either. She's 14, has had 2 cancer surgeries, is nearly deaf, has cataracts and has occasional digestion issues. My friend told me she sometimes wakes up in the night just to check her dog is still breathing.

I don't think this next year is going to be much easier than the last 18 months.

Pen
    Hanging in there, one day at a time.

Forum Member
    Hello
    You are going through a rough time. Is there any help you access such as CHC or Hospice day care?
    Chris

Forum Member
    Thanks Chris,

All available help is already in place. CHC, Palliative Care Teams, etc. etc.

On a personal front, I need a car and money, but apart from that, life is what it is.

Pen
    Hanging in there, one day at a time.