Thread: Voice Banking

Voice Banking

HI there,
    I am ready to start the voice banking journey, but don't know where to start.
    My voice has become rather wobbly recently and I know it's time.
    How do I get hold of the software/stuff and how much will it cost?
    Marigold

Forum Member
    Hello
    Do voice banking as soon as possible, I left to late. The speech therapist should be organising the voice banking.
    Chris

Hi Marigold,

As Chris says it is important to do voice banking as early as possible to ensure that your voice is strong enough to complete this process.

There are 3 companies that we are aware of that offer voice banking, with the main one we hear people using is ModelTalker. With ModelTalker you have to record 1600 phrases.

To complete this you will need internet access, a laptop/desktop PC and a good headset microphone. If you don't have this equipment your speech therapist can ask for the association to loan this by complete this form. As an association we can also help towards the cost of funding voice banking. If using ModelTalker the company can invoice us directly whereas if using one of the other companies your speech therapist can complete a funding request, to view the form please click here

To view our information sheet on voice banking which explains more about the process please clickhere. A list of other companies offering voice banking can also be found at the back on this sheet.

If you have any further questions about voice banking please do not hesitate to call us on 0808 802 6262. We are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and 7pm to 10.30pm.

Best Wishes,

Adele