Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voice Banking

Lynne, as I am still at the voice recording stage and the Speech Therapy team haven't paid for anything yet, I thought I would talk to them to see whether they might be willing/able to pay for Acapela instead of ModelTalker. It has to be worth asking, doesn't it?

Forum Member
    How much dose it cost.

Quote Originally Posted by JimWright View Post
    How much dose it cost.
    Jim, I couldn't find out the cost when I was searching the Acapela website. It's one of the things I am hoping to ask Richard Cave. I am hoping to speak to him on Monday.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Lynne, I have tried to send you a message but am getting a message that you have exceeded your storage. My message won't get through until you have deleted some. I didn't know if you realised what is happening.
    Dina

According to MND Scotland (20/07/2018) Acapela costs €2400 (about £2070) plus £120 for an App if it’s to be used on iOS.

Further info: https://www.mndscotland.org.uk/media...king-final.pdf

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Dina/Gillette, I deleted all of my messages about a month ago. There's only a few there now so my inbox is not full. Have you checked yours too? I'll go see what's there but I haven't had any notifications recently. Maybe there's a blip on the site. So try again in a day or two. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi Dina, I've deleted all of my messages again. It looks like it didn't happen last time. So you ought to be able to send me a private message now, thanks. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne K View Post
    Hi Dina, I've deleted all of my messages again. It looks like it didn't happen last time. So you ought to be able to send me a private message now, thanks. Lynne x
    Hi Lynne

I retyped the message and had another try at sending it. It still tells me your storage is full. (I only have two short messages in mine.)

I think I'll just have to remember to tell you if we meet soon.
    Dina

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    According to MND Scotland (20/07/2018) Acapela costs Ä2400 (about £2070) plus £120 for an App if itís to be used on iOS.
    I have used https://www.cereproc.com/en/products/cerevoiceme - Cerevoice - £500 I believe - it seems to have gotten my voice well

Best

Andy
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

Hi Lynne,
    I have just tried again to send you a private message but the system is still telling me that you have exceeded your storage limit. Isn't technology great?
    Dina
    Dina