Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excess Fortisip

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kernowmum View Post
    Hi Carla
    Sorry for late response. My husband is in hospital again and I've not checked my messages
    Where do you live?
    I'm sure we can arrange something. I'll check my messages for your response

Kernowmum
    I have not replied sooner because of your husband's problems - I do hope that you have managed to get him comfortable now. I have also been helped considerably by Patients Liaison in the past and they are normally excellent but I do expect that you know that already.
    I could come to Andover and meet you some where convenient for you - I would be coming along the main trunk road and I see that there is a travel lodge ''Andover Business Park, Hawker Siddeley Way, Andover SP11 8BF''. would that be convenient? I could make it about noon on Wednesday and I would bring my mum with me in the car so that you can see her. I can do it at other times if you prefer but Thursday is difficult.
    I do not know how to contact anyone confidentially so I do not want to give you my tel no. Just let me know about a place to meet (if travel lodge not convenient) and when. Caela - i live in the cotswolds.

Hi Caela;

You should be able to click on Kernowmum name on one of her posts and then have the option to send her a private message. You might need to post 5 times to get that facility.

Maybe you could ring Mnda connect (0808 802 6262) and they could send your phone number privately to her.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caela View Post
    Please may I buy these off you - my mum has been taken off fortisip by her doctor - but she is 97 and only really survives on them. My daughter may be able to collect tomorrow or I could make a special journey.

How far are you located from CB7 5GQ? Please check on the Google map. I too have some. Also ProSource high protein without calories. if you would like I can post (via Hermes - it is cheaper than Royal mail) if you pay me only the postage. Food come free.

Forum Member
    Hi Caela
    I can make Wednesday but not at noon. The travel lodge is fine but it would need to be a later time, would 5pm be too late?
    I'll try sending you a private message with my phone number. The private messages are shown at the top of the page under the dark blue banner.
    Kernowmum
    Last edited by kernowmum; 31st July 2018 at 09:04.

Forum Member
    Sorry Caela
    Can't message you it won't allow me!
    Admin any ideas?

Kernowmum

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Caela;

You should be able to click on Kernowmum name on one of her posts and then have the option to send her a private message. You might need to post 5 times to get that facility.

Maybe you could ring Mnda connect (0808 802 6262) and they could send your phone number privately to her.

Love Terry
    I am getting my posts up to five to see if that works - thank you for your help.
    Caela

Forum Member
    Dear kernowmum
    It will not allow me to message you privately either. it may be because I only started to post when I read you message..
    5pm would be fine.
    I am short with very short grey hair, my mum is the same and I have a silver car, registration starting in ''O'' ending in ''R''.
    is that helpful?

best wishes Caela

Forum Member
    Dear Jay
    I think my mum only needs with calories - but I would happily pay the transport costs. (I am too far away to collect I am afraid - I live in OX7.)
    If i get enough posts I will be able to message yo privately.
    Caela

I am fairly sure that it is 5 Caela but it might take a couple of days to get sorted.

Love Terry

Caela, have you turned on the PM option?

Click on SETTINGS at top of page.

Scroll down, click on GENERAL SETTINGS in left margin.

Turn ON Private Messages.

SAVE CHANGES at bottom of page.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.