Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair loss

I have the oposite problem my hair and nails growing thick and fast just because I can't brush clip or file

Hair today nail tomorrow
    Crikey just thought my problem nothing. My toe nails growing well and hand nails thicker and quicker, luckily got good chiropodist. As for hair just get usual haircut I get wife do as always had it short for years. I noticed body hair getting longer and thicker on my arms and over my stomach. Assume all the different drugs we on for ALS MND. Best wishes all John

Smile

Hello John,

It sounds like you are wonderfully pampered by your lovely wife and your chiropodist.

You made me smile with the description of your body hair getting longer and thicker - an image of King Kong popped into my head. But looking at your avatar picture, I see it's not an accurate image, as your body hair is definitely under control!

There is always the option of waxing to remove body hair (if it ever does get to King Kong proportions) .... but - eek! - it must be rather painful .... and so thinking about it waxing is probably best avoided, after all!

My nails grow quickly and are very strong. For years my finger nails were very brittle but now they seem to be stonger than ever. As you said John, It could be due to the medication.

Best wishes to your and your wife,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 7th December 2018 at 01:33.
    July 1969 science enabled mankind's first step on the Moon.... over 49 years later and sadly still no scientific breakthrough to cure MND.
    Trying to take one day at a time ..... but it's not easy!

Forum Member
    Hi I've found that my nails need filing a lot more often, but I think it's down to not being able to do all the house work jobs that I use to do and gardening which was my passion and I miss so much. My nails where always chipping off and breaking. But sitting here doing so little i struggle to keep them under control as my right arm and hand are useless and can't hold my fingers out straight to file them. Xxx

Hello Bernie,

Like you, I also used to do a lot of housework and gardening and my nails used to become weak and break.

I can understand what you mean when you say you miss doing the gardening. It is so difficult to get our heads round not being able to do the every day activities and hobbies that we used to enjoy. They were such a big part of our lives and In a way they made us part of who we were.

Watching someone else doing things, like gardening, instead of me can be upsetting because I miss doing those things and in a way it feels like I am being replaced.

Thankfully , there are many adaptations that can be made to so that we can continue doing as much as possible for as long as possible. The other 'plus' of course being ... our nails are stonger than they used to be!

I will try to stop missing the person I used to be and the life I had ... but it's not easy!

Love and best wishes,

Kayleigh x
    July 1969 science enabled mankind's first step on the Moon.... over 49 years later and sadly still no scientific breakthrough to cure MND.
    Trying to take one day at a time ..... but it's not easy!