Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle cramp relief/ Vitamins

Forum Member

Muscle cramp relief/ Vitamins

Hi Everyone,
    I have been applying a 50/50 mixture of Magnesium Flakes and water to the muscles in my legs, thighs and shoulders. I find that this has certainly given me relief from muscle spasms. I told my Consultant about this , but he was non commital. Hasa anyone else had any experience of this?

I also wondered if anyone could advise on which vitamins have been helpful.

Regards,

Mowbray

Yes, magnesium oil, applied topically, gives the same result on cramps. Magnesium supplements can prevent cramps from happening or lessen their intensity if they do occur.

Many people will also need antispasmodic meds to reduce chronic high muscle tone.

Whatever works for you Mowbray!!

Thanks for highlighting i and sharing..

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Hi Everyone,

I spray magnesium oil on my legs at night and in the morning. It's hard to measure the effect but I seem to have less cramps, especially in the night.

I found the magnesium tablets a little harsh on my tummy but that just might be me !

Love Debbie x

You're right Debbie - Magnesium supplements have a laxative effect, which is great for those of us who get bunged up due to MND, but not so good for others
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    I take magnesium supps. This treats most of the cramps. I still get some cramping but not as bad now.

Hi all / anybody

I am currently taking 150mg magnesium citrate tabs twice a day but was wondering if the citrate was the best kind as there seems to be at least 3 different types available !!

Would anyone know which type would be best and / or how much of it would be advisable ?

Cheers in advance
    Andy

Hi Andy, I don't have an answer sorry. Have they stopped or reduced your cramps or what? Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi N F.
    I think it may be Magnesium Chloride is good for muscle cramps ? Something similar to this link is allegedly good.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AD0HL8...u9mNdbiBw&th=1
    Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil if the link is not allowed.
    "" About the product
    HIGHLY EFFECTIVE AND RAPIDLY ABSORBED MAGNESIUM OIL SPRAY: Low magnesium can present with both neurological and muscular effects. Neurological symptoms may include anxiety, lethargy, chronic headaches or migraines, or appetite loss, while muscular symptoms may present as general weakness, muscle spasms, or impaired coordination. Topical Magnesium Oil has been proven a more effective application method than the more common oral supplements by bypassing the GI tract thus increasing absorption.""
    Best luck All. TIANDB
    Last edited by TIANDB; 29th October 2018 at 22:20. Reason: Add

Hi Lynne
    Not that I've noticed to be honest !

Thanks TIANDB
    i'll search it out on their UK site