Thread: HI Everyone not long diagnosed

Forum Member

HI Everyone not long diagnosed

Hi my name is Billy , Its been a few months since i was diagnosed after a mountain of various tests. Its hard considering i lost my wife to MS some years ago . and then to tell my daughter something like this . Im a strong character and will continue to remain strong for everyone.

Hi Billy and welcome to the forum;

Sorry to hear about your diagnoses and the loss of your wife to MS. It is a lot for your daughter to take.

Please feel free to ask any questions or share things with us.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hello Billy..I'd like to welcome you to the forum too. I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis, your wife's MS and particularly feel for your daughter. My husband has ALS/bulbar issues and we have 4 daughters..youngest was 6 when he was diagnosed in 2008. This forum is a lifeline for me..I've learnt so much about how to help my husband (and of course to offload when it all gets too much) and I hope it helps you and your daughter too. Everyone of course has their own experience but it's good to share information and advice. I have had great support already and only joined this year.
    Best wishes,
    Boiler

Forum Member
    Hi Billy,

Welcome to the forum although I am obviously sorry you need to be here. I am also sorry about your wife and this must be very hard on your daughter : it does sound like you are a strong person.

There is always a wealth of emotional and practical advice on here. It's a good place to find a sympathetic ear when we have the inevitable bad day.

Take Care and Best Wishes.
    Debbie

Forum Member
    Hi Billy. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It is new for us too. My lovely Husband Mick was diagnosed on 17/7. we are trying to get our heads round it . Found lots of useful info on here

Welcome Billy.

Sorry your family was dealt such a cruel hand in life.

Love to you and your daughter,

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.