Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a good day!

Not a good day!

Hi friends. Come on here today as you are the only people I can talk to as you all get it. Plus I don't want my family and friends to know how I'm feeling. I think it's probably because I've been feeling unwell and the fact I've been spending a lot of time on my own. But this afternoon I can't stop crying. It all started when I heard a song which we had at our wedding. I just thought of that happy day and I know I've had a good 35years of marriage but I want so many more. I should be looking forward to grandchildren, and even if I was lucky enough to ever get any what sort of grandparent would I be. Now I've started crying I can't stop!!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkelle View Post
    Hi friends. Come on here today as you are the only people I can talk to as you all get it. Plus I don't want my family and friends to know how I'm feeling. I think it's probably because I've been feeling unwell and the fact I've been spending a lot of time on my own. But this afternoon I can't stop crying. It all started when I heard a song which we had at our wedding. I just thought of that happy day and I know I've had a good 35years of marriage but I want so many more. I should be looking forward to grandchildren, and even if I was lucky enough to ever get any what sort of grandparent would I be. Now I've started crying I can't stop!!
    Sorry you are feeling down Pinkelle. I don't get down now, but I do find being on your own more is frustrating and that is the time it is the hardest. When I was first diagnosed 6 years ago I felt just like you do now, all the plans you think you had appear to be snatched away. I really do understand. But don't let it get the upper hand, it is you and your life, don't give mnd an inch, take it on. You may have to adapt, and re-focus to concentrate on what you can do, not dwell on what you can't. It took me several months to change my thinking but it is about regaining control of your life. Give this thing a run for its money. It's time for us all to fight, enough of being nice to mnd! Try keep busy and distract yourself, still keep planning fir the future just as you would have. We can be in this for the long haul Pinkelle. Thinking of you.

Forum Member
    so sorry to hear this. My Husband was diagnosed 17/7 and I am finding it hard too

My diagnosis is nearly two years ago now!! I'll have to give myself a good talking to. X

Hi Pink,

I know you have been having a hard time with your health lately and that is bound to affect your emotions. Are you able to get to an MNDA meeting or contact an association visitor. I have just returned from our monthly meeting and everyone said how valuable they thought the AV’s are.

Barry x
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    Hi Pink

Don't be so hard on yourself, you feel what you feel, and your entitled to it. Its good to have a good cry now, and then it lets out the sadness in your heart so that your heart can fill up again, and have more room for the good and positive things.

There's nothing written in stone that says you won't see grandchildren Pink, and you will be the kind of grandmother your grandchildren will have, and love.

Sending love and hugs across the Atlantic xoxoxo

CC xox

Hi Barry I spoke to my av a couple of days ago. She is brilliant. I had a bit of a melt down on her and I did feel a bit better. Don't know what has got into me today!!

That's a great way of putting it cc. I do feel a bit better now I e had a good cry. My son and husband came home and they could tell I'd been crying. I told them why but not about the grandchildren bit. They both were lovely and said it was understandable x

Forum Member
    Hi Pink,

Sorry you've had a bad day .. don't be too hard on yourself , sometimes a song or a memory can set us off !

I got upset today because I am not able to look after my elderly mum.. My wonderful Dad said he had nothing to worry about, when he was very ill ,because he knew I would look after my Mum.. Rationally I know I can only offer emotional support for her and try to put in place physical support from others but its still hard and I feel so guilty.

I hope you have support and that you have a better day tomorrow.

Love Debbie x

I have mini meltdowns sometimes Pink;

I do cry but like you don't want anyone to know. I reckon you have a right to do it, I do but I have never had five weeks of hell like you've had.

Hope you are eating better and the blood levels are OKish.

When those are right you will feel better and live life again the best that you can. It won't stop mini melt downs though.

Love Terry