Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a good day!

Forum Member
    I understand how you feel Pink. I cried when my daughter was cutting up my dinner the other day. Just couldn't help it,
    Hope tomorrow is a better day. Xxx

Oh Pink, I really get the grandchildren bit, it's heartbreaking isn't it?

Are family & friends away? Sometimes summer can be lonely with people away on their holidays, so fewer people pop in for a chat

You're bound to be feeling low anyway - you've been unwell for weeks & don't know why. You're not sleeping well or eating properly, then to top it all, you hear a song which floods back memories, it's no wonder you can't stop crying

You're one of the Inspirational forum members I recently spoke of. No matter what's thrown at you - Nippy not suiting you, uncomfortable wheelchair, delay after delay on wetroom, lost luggage etc. etc - you always bounce back with a smiley!!

You've incredible strength, I don't where you get it from.

We all get rubbish days and I feel better after a good old bawl It's a good release and tomorrow's another day.

You're a lovely lady Pink and, as you can see from all the replies, you're much loved on the forum.

Big hairy hug,
    Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Thanks everyone. I knew you'd get it! You're all amazing. I am eating better but not as much as I should be. I forgot to say I've also fell down twice in the last week and it took an hour to get me up the first time. Think that could have been the straw that broke the camels back. Luckily I didn't hurt myself. Aware that my transferring is not good but my ot are really trying to help. I've been given a sack truck thing which is amazing and saves alot of my energy, but can only be used with help.

Sack truck thing??? Haven't a Scooby what that is, but... you made me smile

Ha ha Ellie. That's the only way I can describe it. It helps me transfer alot safer! Screenshot_20180809-212531.jpg

Forum Member
    Good ideas come from " bad day " posts .. That sack truck thing is so what I need !

Hope tomorrow is a better day.☺

Love Debbie x

Glad I've helped someone deb! not such a bad day then! Tomorrow is another day and I'm going to kick ass mnd!!

Forum Member
    Everyone suffers meltdowns. Its normal in life and as we get older, we start to wish things had been different etc. I think you may be suffering from Reactive Depression. Its a kind of depression that comes from Trauma. Like divorce and loss of a loved one. Maybe in your case you feel the loss of a certain future. A future you perhaps thought you would have before you got this. Often though we kid our selves. We tell ourselves things when we perceive we have lost something. In your case its a perceived future. But what is the truth in all this? You have a future. We all do. No one knows what is in your future yet. But what will be will be. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. Its just a blip. One day at a time, Dont look too far into the future.

Aah, now your description makes sense!

When you're not using it, the local vegetable shop can use it for sacks of spuds

Hope today is a better day for you?

Love El x.

Yes Ellie it has been better but hectic with visitors. First was a bed company demonstrating a turning bed. Amazing. OT is trying to get me funding for one. Fingers crossed. Then had wheelchair services come to do adjustments to my power chair and try are also going to get me a different cushion which will hopefully help my coccyx pain.
    Ali Chris funnily enough my book I have just written about my life is called 'one day at a time.'