Thread: Update - win some loose some

Update - win some loose some

Just a brief update.....

The win has been a different way of sorting out the swelling in my hand - I can't find the thread here but I was using a mechanical device on my arm designed for helping with leg issues on long haul flights to to move on the lymphatic system in my arm to get the swelling in my hand down.

After a recent visit from my occupational therapist to replace the splint I wear at night to save me damaging my wrist and keep my hand in a reasonable shape (the old one had split) she suggested wearing a Lycra glove which compresses my hand a little - I was initially sceptical but it does work if I put the glove on before I fit the splint each night so wearing it all night.

This is the type of thing.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Interesting that the person in that picture seems to be wearing it inside out!

The "loose" has been the impact of an assault I suffered when I was knocked off my bicycle about three weeks ago in an attempted robbery and amongst other things was kicked in the head. This seemed to result in an increase in fasciculation, confirmed as I saw my neurologist but now seems to have subsided some three weeks on - he was interested that that kind of trauma would have that kind of effect and I guess it underlines the fact the motor neurone disease is a brain disease not a muscle problem

Onwards and upwards !
    Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Gosh Andy you live dangerously. I hope they caught the robber.

I hope you get back to normal soon (whatever normal is for each of us).

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Hi Andy;

I've heard about that sort of thing happening but not actual people having it done to them. Hope you are repairing well both physically and mentally.

Maybe the glove is worn inside out to be smoother next to your skin.

Pleased that your hand swelling is controllable, is it a alternating air system, please give more details and maybe pictures.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Good evening Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Gosh Andy you live dangerously.Barry
    I don't see it as dangerous.

As a child I was on the back of my parents tandem as soon as I could raise my head - and still do about 2000 to 3000 miles a year - I have to take it easy as I now have to use both brakes on one hand having found the double cabled brake lever for that purpose.

But thank you for your good wishes - my bruises seem to have gone now.

And I'm afraid nobody was caught - I think I was knocked out as soon as the incident started and cannot remember much and the police do not seem to be having too much luck with CCTV but we live in hope

Warmly

Andy
    Andy

Hi Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Maybe the glove is worn inside out to be smoother next to your skin.
    Pleased that your hand swelling is controllable, is it a alternating air system, please give more details and maybe pictures.
    See other message for how I am and thank you for your concern

Concerning wearing it inside out that had not even occurred to me - it seems smooth enough.

It does not have an alternating air system that is a simple stretchy Lycra glove - I'm surprised that it works but it does - the picture is as in the link I originally posted

Warmly

Andy
    Andy