Thread: Rolls Royce Rollator

Rolls Royce Rollator

Hi folks

I'm just beginning to consider myself disabled, but I have a new toy.

After many weeks tottering slowly around with the aid of a stick, yet finding it easy to push a supermarket trolley, I decided I needed a rollator.

But it had to be an all-terrain vehicle, so to speak. Certainly one with serious off-road capability and decent carrying capacity. I live at the end of a half mile farm road and have nearly an acre of garden to look after, much of which is on a slope and getting increasingly overgrown as my mobility decreases.

Thanks to Terry, I had a look at Trionic's products. Their Veloped range (https://www.trionic.uk/en/veloped-tr...k-orange-p-116) fitted the bill and are clearly well liked by UK customers. Interestingly, like the Topro range, which are also very well engineered, they’re made in Scandinavia. The main drawback is the price – nearly £900. But what the hell, I only die once!

Ordering was straightforward and shipment via UPS was quick – ordered Monday, arrived Friday! It’s a brilliantly impressive piece of kit: sturdy and easy to collapse for car transport. It has pneumatic tyres with deep tread and a really clever offset dual front wheel system that clambers over rocks and tree roots effortlessly.

Now I have to start building ramps!

Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very impressive bit of kit Doug. You were right to splash out - YOLO/YODO

Looks really solid - more Sherman tank than RR

Wishing you much safe & happy trekking.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Doug;

Pleased that we could be of assistance.

That's similar to what I have seen, and the front wheels work great.

I notice that they do different handles/grips and I wondered what the options were. Could not see any pictures of the choices.

Love Terry

Thanks Ellie

Yes, it's solidly built, although the frame is aluminium, so not too heavy - 7.7 kg without wheels, 14 kg total

All I need now is a team of huskies!

Terry - grips are shown towards the bottom of the page, left hand side. One alternative is BioCork. You can also have one-handed braking I believe.

Doug

Looks a great piece of kit.
    You'll be a proper little mountain goat!