Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James's Intro

jamesob

James's Intro

Hello - I'm James

After diagnosis I've been kind of stalking the forum for a while. Seems to be a really nice crowd on here so I took the plunge and made an account.

It'll be nice to talk on here as i find it difficult to talk to my partner and daughter about how i feel sometimes - foolish pride i know

Other than myself I haven't had much experience with MNDA /ALS but i did have a school friend pass 15 years or so ago. When i remember him he was such a gifted footballer too which makes the memory sad.

Anyway I'm looking forward to integrating myself into this community and learning as well as sharing experiences with you all

peace x

Hi James.

Welcome to the motley crew!

Glad you took the plunge and came in out of the shadows - hope we can support and help you.

Are you long diagnosed?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Hi James
    A warm welcome to the forum . You can feel free to say and ask what you want on here ,whether it is a personal subject someone will have been through it .

It is always difficult speaking to those close to you , because you want to stay strong and positive , and you don't want to worry them unnecessarily . I will look forward to your posts

Best wishes
    Love Chris

Welcome on board James!

Hello James and welcome to the gang.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for and I’m sure you will get the usual support offered by our members.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi James. You will get lots of answers support and advice on here. We all find it difficult to talk to loved ones as we worry about them getting upset so I agree with you on that x

Hi James. Lots for you to read on here and lots of good advice and help if needed. I have slight pseudobulbar and you emotions are effected in some ways. Laugh and splutter at some things, Cry out of the blue on a few occasions usually when with a loved one or someone who cares. https://alsnewstoday.com/pseudobulbar-affect-als/. Take care.. TIANDB

ccinjersey
    Welcome James

You will find a lot of support, advice, and acknowledge from the members on this forum

All the best to you.

CCxox

Forum Member
    Hi
    Welcome James, All new for me too, my Husband was diagnosed 17th July

Forum Member
    Hello James and Welcome !

I think everyone does a little " stalking " before they post but you are right that this is a lovely group of people , who are always on hand to listen or give practical or emotional support.

Sometimes it is hard to talk to people close to us and it must be tough for you if you had a friend with MND. Everyone's journey and progression is different, however.

Best Wishes
    Love Debbie