Thread: Als forum

Forum Member

Als forum

Hi, i have posted here once before and still have ongoing issues, with mucus and such . Every neuromuscular dr i have seen comes up with a different dx. Accept for my local neuromuscular dr who says itís always a wait and see. Anyway that is not why i Ďm typing this i am also a member of als forum under the name of becazican. I posted there twice (two different times) the last time i was sort of ridiculed by one of the members but thatís neither here nor there. I have a great respect for pals and their caregivers so I wouldnít abuse that or any site for that matter. I went to log on and was told that i was banned forever for having multiple ids. I was really taken by surprise as i always obey the rules for the website. I have never used any other name. So i tried contacting them through the webmaster at the bottom of the page 3 times and explain that i have never used for myself any other name . I once signed on with someone who asked me to ask a question for him since he was at work and i did it once unfortunately he ended up arguing with someone and got banned. Reason Iím explaining this as i always follow the rules. I was hoping someone from the als forum would see this and maybe intervene or at least get me a response from them. Thank you for reading this.

Hi Mikael,

Quite often people with Mnd can be a bit sharp posting because they are in a very bad place. It's hard for anyone here to argue your case with ALS especially if you don't have it.

I reckon the easiest way is to use a different email address and name.

Tread carefully.

Good luck, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Mikael,

Quite often people with Mnd can be a bit sharp posting because they are in a very bad place. It's hard for anyone here to argue your case with ALS especially if you don't have it.

I reckon the easiest way is to use a different email address and name.

Tread carefully.

Good luck, Terry
    Thanks for replying terry, it wasnít a pal that was a bit sharp. An you know i realize that i may seem like a needless worrier but no one can figure out whatís going on with me. I have tried every avenue for mental and physical, they all tell me yes there is something wrong but we can only guess or like the last dr said watch and observe. As far as the email acct i really dont like the dishonesty about that, i have just tried to get them to at least to answer my messages. I say a prayer for pals and their caregivers ,i have known three people who have had this terrible disease.
    Mikael

Forum Member
    also to add insult to injury, the guy i helped by posting for him on his account proceeded to argue with these knowledgeable people and got banned. he created another acct with a different email, so here i am still with having all these damn symptoms and refusing to give in to dishonestly get banned forever and this jerk is on the forum with a different symptom every day. don't believe in karma anymore.

Hi Mikael;

We feel sorry that you have been hard done by but posting here about an american site where someone has picked on you is just wrong.

Terry

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Mikael;

We feel sorry that you have been hard done by but posting here about an american site where someone has picked on you is just wrong.

Terry
    Sorry you took offense it was not meant to bother anyone , that is why i posted in off topic. It basically is trivial you are right. Wont do it again. Again my apologies.