Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello all.

Forum Member
    At the moment I’m just trying to exercises with simple things like repeatedly standing up to work my legs and bicep curls for my weaker arm, I’m feeling like it’s having some brnifit.
    I appreciate all your replies, particularly the nice folks who have spotted they had similar syimptoms to me, I will contact you in time but at the moment as others have said I’m taking it one day at a time, id really just like to get a proper night sleep to be honest.

Good ideas Jim. Getting up from a chair without using your hands is one of the chair based exercises in my gym classes. I can do it sometimes. But I found by accident that taking a good breath in and breathing out as you stand helps a lot. It adds power in my calves. I hope that it works for you too. The chair based exercise class I mentioned works on all muscle groups. I haven't been for a couple of weeks because of my damaged thumb but I wanted to go back this week. Unfortunately all the classes are full so I'll have to concentrate on the gym this week. I'm using a walker mostly but my husband pushes me sometimes in my manual chair. This is for longer or more difficult routes. Lynne

I have been doing more of the things that I always liked to do but didn't have the time ie I knitted some baby things on my knitting machine for my great granddaughter, born 5th July. I have made more loaves using my bread maker. I have done some sewing. I used to do dressmaking but up to now since I stopped teaching I have only done alterations. I have also read lots of interesting books (about genes, about our bodies defences to invaders, some history, and some fiction. I read the book recommended on this about a pianist who got mnd and I have several books on the go from various genres).
    If you have only felt good at being an ADI maybe it's time to try your hand at something else. You never know how good you can get unless you try. In my case I have other hobbies that I could do if the mood took me. For example, I have in the past done some art and I still have all my pencils paper, paint and brushes. Oh, I must forget, I'm trying to learn how to use my camera. I've had it since before diagnosis and mostly used it on the auto setting. I'm venturing into shutter setting and other things.
    I'm right handed and the fingers on my right hand are weak so everything that I do is more tricky than it used to be. So I improvise quite a bit. My sewing even with the sewing machine is less perfect than it used to be. In doing things I'm a perfectionist. But I've had to accept a lesser standard or else I couldn't do some of the things that I still do. In summary, I keep busy. I have never liked to sit doing nothing and I still feel that way. This will become more of a challenge later but I'm taking it one day at a time and always try to stay positive, a glass half full. Lynne