Thread: DWDW. Hi there everybody.

Forum Member

Question DWDW. Hi there everybody.

Hello everyone, I had a diagnosis of progressive Bulbar Palsy in March 2017. I am fortunate in that I am able to walk, talk, drive, and I have a supportive family. Wife, Son and Daughter and three grandchildren.
    I am not sure how much they know about MND but they do KNOW I have it.

My Wife Norma is my main carer and she is only two years younger than me, but still does a great job. Unfortunately she has some problems of her own and becomes very stressed when we have a crises.

My current problem is in clearing the back of my nose and it is this that has brought me to the forum. Tonight is the first time I have been woken up by the build up of mucus. I have nasal rinse, strong smelling stuff, carbocistine tablets and a nebuliser but tonight all these have not cleared my sinuses completely, so I will be looking later for some ideas?

If there is anyone who needs my help .... please ask me.

Have you tried leaning forward over a bowl of steam or water/ oil pulling? Brushing teeth and gargling all of these help to mobilise muccus at nasopharynx junction. Hope that helps you and you manage to get some sleep. I am at work for another 3 hrs.

Hi DWDW. Lynne

Hi DWDW and welcome to the forum;

Don't have may mucus issues at the moment but a good sneeze or better still a good full hearted cry does get things out and clears the tubes.

Pineapple juice and coke a cola can help thin throat mucus.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Didn't know that about Coca-Cola Terry. I'll bear that in mind x if

Hi DWDW,

Welcome to the forum. The Lincolnshire group holds a support group meeting every first Tuesday of the month at 1pm at the St. Barnabus hospice in Lincoln. You are most welcome to attend. We chat about everything and anything so it’s not all about MND.

I lived in Stamford for 15 years and I love the town.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!