Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin here, just diagnosed

Forum Member
    Thank you all for your warm welcome and kind words.

Forum Member
    Hi Martin, sorry to hear your news. I’m going through MND diagnosis in Southampton at the momen (outpatient).. The spinal tap nurse said they have a brilliant MND care team. As an aside, is Hayling Island nice? I’m from the New Forest, so apart from a few trips to the Mary Rose et al haven’t been down that way much!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsparkle View Post
    Hi Martin, sorry to hear your news. I’m going through MND diagnosis in Southampton at the momen (outpatient).. The spinal tap nurse said they have a brilliant MND care team. As an aside, is Hayling Island nice? I’m from the New Forest, so apart from a few trips to the Mary Rose et al haven’t been down that way much!
    The Southampton MND team is world class. After a preliminary diagnosis in Portsmouth, I was sent to Southampton because they could do all the tests much quicker as an in-store.

Hayling Island is a nice place to live, fairly rural but close to good facilities and only about 90 minutes to London on the train.

Hi Martin

Welcome to this forum where I hope, like me, you’ll find a wealth of information and wisdom from some very kind and knowledgeable people.

Staying positive is most certainly the approach to take. As you say, there’s nothing we can do about it. I was diagnosed at a similar age and find that having a goal to aim for or something to look forward to just a few weeks ahead is a good strategy.

You live in a lovely place. I was at university in Southampton and spent a lot of time subsequently diving in the Solent on the Mary Rose.

It’s great you’ve got a crack team looking after you!

Doug

Forum Member
    Hi Martin

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hope you get in contact with the MND Association in your area as they can be a great help with explaining everything to you and your family. A good team around you is a big help and it sounds like you have that there. Hope you keep well in the days ahead.

Mick.

Hello Martin and welcome to our band of brothers and sisters.

Your positive approach will serve you well on this journey. I lived in Fareham during the 80’s and know Hayling Island well as we went there often to fish from the shore.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Sorry for the late message Martin. I'm sorry that you have had to join us on this journey. I hope that you get or have good support. Maybe look at older posts for tips and advice about managing. Lynne

Sorry for your diagnosis. I am here kinda hoping that I don't have mnd waiting out on appt which may tell me one way or t'other. I live in Thames Valley so not sure if I will be in London or Oxford

Hi Martin, I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, you will find the people on the forum are supportive and willing to help with advice when and as they can. Staying positive is a wonderful approach, I'm only scared for my wife so I can only add things from my point of view I'm afraid .Tim and Mary