Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin here, just diagnosed

Forum Member

Martin here, just diagnosed

Hello, my name is Martin and I was diagnosed with MND a couple of days ago. In fact, I am still in Southampton General hospital undergoing more tests.

The first clue for me was slurred speech.

Forum Member
    Hi Martin
    Welcome to the forum . It will take a while to get your head around the diagnosis . Feel free to ask any questions when you are ready.

Best wishes
    Love Chris

Welcome Martin,

A horrid day.
    You will find so much support here.
    Tell us more about yourself and by the end of the day you will received lots of warm wishes from the lovely folks on this forum!

Marigold

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
    Welcome Martin,

A horrid day.
    You will find so much support here.
    Tell us more about yourself and by the end of the day you will received lots of warm wishes from the lovely folks on this forum!

Marigold
    I'm actually fairly relaxed about the diagnosis. After all there is not much I could have done to prevent it and nothing I can do about it so I think staying positive is the best approach.

I live on the south coast of England, in a place called Hayling Island and I am 71 years old.

Will be mixed emotions for you for a while. You've come to the right place, welcome x

Hi Martin and a warm welcome to the Forum.

I like your attitude

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Welcome Martin. My Husband Mick 58 was diagnosed 17/7. People are lovely on here

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum;

Not sure why you are having more tests after your diagnoses but it's probably good to get them all done now whilst you are in hospital. Hopefully you will get breathing tests for a base line so they can check against that later.

Hope the food is good.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Martin . Some final tests are for rare ALS mimicking diseases also blood for gene testing. Lots of good information on the past and current threads on here to look through. Take care friend try to be positive also eat well.. TIANDB

Forum Member
    Welcome Martin

You found the right place for lots of advice, support, knowledge, and friendship from the wonderful folks on this forum.

Wishing you all the best in the days ahead.

CCxox